• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vet patient confidentiality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vet patient confidentiality

Seen a dog get hit by a car last night, car stopped and started to drive off again with the dog still under the car yelping like crazy, I got the idiot to stop after about 20 yards by screaming at him. Pretty horrible all in all.

So the owner comes across and gets the dog out, we try and get the number of the emergency vet and we give a bit of moral support. I think the dog had broken its back but might just have been its hind legs.

So I call the vet today and ask just to know if the dog is still alive, "sorry can't comment patient confidentiality". Seriously WTF.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Seen a dog get hit by a car last night, car stopped and started to drive off again with the dog still under the car yelping like crazy, I got the idiot to stop after about 20 yards by screaming at him. Pretty horrible all in all.

So the owner comes across and gets the dog out, we try and get the number of the emergency vet and we give a bit of moral support. I think the dog had broken its back but might just have been its hind legs.

So I call the vet today and ask just to know if the dog is still alive, "sorry can't comment patient confidentiality". Seriously WTF.
    Ring back and tell him you're phoning from the local chinese restaurant and does he have anything he;d like to sell.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Ring back and tell him you're phoning from the local Korean restaurant and does he have anything he'd like to sell.
      FTFY and
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

... So I call the vet today and ask just to know if the dog is still alive, "sorry can't comment patient confidentiality". Seriously WTF.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Some vets send post to the pet.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Some vets send post to the pet.
            Yep my cats got their booster reminders through the door the other day....

I am often known as Charlie and Lola's Dad (Charlie and Lola are the cats names)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Yep my cats got their booster reminders through the door the other day....

I am often known as Charlie and Lola's Dad (Charlie and Lola are the cats names)
              Her name is Lola? She was a show cat? La la la...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Barking.

Comment

Maybe if I call again and woof down the line "I'm her brother, what are the visiting times" they will let me know.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X