• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solo dining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo dining

Getting used to it again!

Currently in Pizza Express, Holborn resisting the urge to order a bottle of wine!

I raise a glass to my fellow contractors sitting on a table for one

Originally posted by Damon View Post

Currently in Pizza Express, Holborn resisting the urge to order a bottle of wine!

When you turn pro, it's two bottles a night and a wee nightcap. You're on the right path.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I had a nice garlic chicken curry at a little Bangladeshi place I go to once a week, no booze though. Tomorrow will be off to the little Cambodian guy, still no booze though...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

ah yes!. missing the kids growing up. missing the missus
        table for 1

oh the joys of contracting
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

you didn't say what was in your raised glass, only that the wine was missing ;-)

This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Despite having done this kind of work for near 4 years I've never truly got used to going out to restaurants by myself. I'm happy enough at a hotel, but I have to really want that curry (it's always a curry) before I go out. I also feel kind of guilty when I call the Mrs who is eating microwaved frozen leftovers

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Despite having done this kind of work for near 4 years I've never truly got used to going out to restaurants by myself. I'm happy enough at a hotel, but I have to really want that curry (it's always a curry) before I go out. I also feel kind of guilty when I call the Mrs who is eating microwaved frozen leftovers
              dont feel guilty.
              everyone loses a little bit. you, wife , kids. but then everyone gains a lot.

It goes with the territory, either lap it up , big it up and get stuck in

or go back to being a permie , with all that entails.

as for me, ne regrets here
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

No need to worry about table manners then....

If you have your own kitchen, here's an alternative to eating out....

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  dont feel guilty.
                  everyone loses a little bit. you, wife , kids. but then everyone gains a lot.

It goes with the territory, either lap it up , big it up and get stuck in

or go back to being a permie , with all that entails.

as for me, ne regrets here
                  I know quite a few permies who have to travel and eat alone.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    I know quite a few permies who have to travel and eat alone.
                    thats right. and they get the amazing bonanza of a career and a career path
                    and a pension

they can keep it
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X