• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As accurate as a daily express snow prediction is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As accurate as a daily express snow prediction is

Weather Forecast: Polar Plunge to replace endless rain with heavy snow set to sweep UK | UK | News | Daily Express

I remain unconvinced.

Temperatures are set to plunge as the current mild Atlantic weather system makes way for colder air from the Arctic.

Drier and calmer conditions will be welcomed by thousands devastated by floods though the change will bring a new threat of snow and ice.
    However on 22/12/2013 this was the forecast ...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/449...ather-forecast

BRITAIN is on course for its first proper White Christmas in DECADES with forecasters now predicting widespread snow across the country on Christmas morning.
    Or on 2/12/2013, this gem ....

Get ready for arctic plunge: Up to eight inches of snow to sweep Britain | Nature | News | Daily Express

This could be only the start of a particularly bad winter with below-*average temperatures and heavy snow for three months, warn forecasters. They say the blast of cold air could see the mercury dip to -13C (9F) overnight in the North, bringing eight inches of snow with wintry showers as early as tomorrow and heavy snow forecast for Wednesday.
    And it's always the same forecasters they talk to.

Vantage Weather Services.
    NetWeather.
    TheWeatherChannel.

Given that they predicted a severe UK storm before it even formed over America, the capability of which is stunning, you'd think they'd be able to predict

a) The temperature, to within say +-5 degrees.
    b) If we are going to get buckets of snow or not.

So by all accounts it's time to get the springwear out of the loft again.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

We had a proper white Christmas 2 or 3 years ago - several inches lying on the ground for weeks across large parts of the country.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We had a proper white Christmas 2 or 3 years ago - several inches lying on the ground for weeks across large parts of the country.
      That's interesting. Now back to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        BRITAIN is on course for its first proper White Christmas in DECADES with forecasters now predicting widespread snow across the country on Christmas morning.
        If they can't even forecast the recent past...

Comment

That's interesting. Now back to 2014
          Calm down, there's plenty of time left to get coal and carrots to make your snowman

Comment

If they can't even forecast the recent past...
            'Bout 3 lines up on the OP

However on 22/12/2013 this was the forecast ...
            Get this man a coffee!!!!

Comment

A week or two before Christmas they asserted that we were about to enter upon 100 days of snow, locking the country in its icy embrace

Comment

From elsewhere the weekend and early next week looks fun......
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

'Bout 3 lines up on the OP

Get this man a coffee!!!!
                  Yes Suity that's right. About 2 weeks ago they were forecasting the first proper White Christmas in DECADES, but we had one 2-3 years ago.

Do you understand yet, I don't know I can make this simpler for you?

Comment

Yes Suity that's right. About 2 weeks ago they were forecasting the first proper White Christmas in DECADES, but we had one 2-3 years ago.

Do you understand yet, I don't know I can make this simpler for you?
                    Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep digging.

Tool.

Comment

Working...
                    X