• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blooming Prog***sive Lead Fishing Again !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blooming Prog***sive Lead Fishing Again !!

Today for the second time in less than a week they called me up for nothing else other than to try and get me to provide leads / references to be put forward for a non existent role. Although he only wanted public sector references as this was a supposedly pblic sector role .

Persistent little critter he was, wouldn't take no for an answer. Kept me on the phone for twenty minutes discussing the issue. Quite enjoyed getting the opportunity to tell him what I thought of the practice and his agency (in a very polite and professional manner of course)..

Reminds me of the time that I had Syed when he worked for C****** People calling me up with a £600 a day contract as long as I could give him two refs. This was all within the first thirty seconds .

I swear the next time this happens I'm going to give them one of my numbers and tell them where to go in no uncertain terms when I get the inevitable sales call.. Either that or when they call ask them to hold and leave the phone on the table..

Any better suggestions ?

Stab them
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with ...

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
        I spy with my little eye, something beginning with ...
        Something with ??

Comment

Originally posted by teabag
          Reminds me of the time that I had Syed when he worked for C****** People calling me up with a £600 a day contract as long as I could give him two refs. This was all within the first thirty seconds .
          That was Computer Personnel, not Computer People. I should know, he tried a similar trick with me, and I told the little c.unt to f.uck off. I did waste a few minutes of his time while I rattled off a list of companies I had(n't) had interviews at though When I got to JP Morgan the little f**ker nearly wet himself, bless 'im.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            That was Computer Personnel, not Computer People. I should know, he tried a similar trick with me, and I told the little c.unt to f.uck off. I did waste a few minutes of his time while I rattled off a list of companies I had(n't) had interviews at though When I got to JP Morgan the little f**ker nearly wet himself, bless 'im.
            Maybe your right. My mate reckons that he used to work for Computer People also though. Couldn't find ought on the web to confirm or deny either way.

Comment

Originally posted by teabag
              Maybe your right. My mate reckons that he used to work for Computer People also though. Couldn't find ought on the web to confirm or deny either way.
              Reckon it must be Computer Personal then...

http://www.itcontractor.com/Articles...41&photopage=0

Ah well no brush with fame for me !!

Comment

I've had someone from Computer People phone up offering a contract when I'm already on one through them :P
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  That was Computer Personnel, not Computer People.
                  Its a good general rule to steer clear of any agency that uses the word "Computer" in their name.

Comment

Newsflash: Agents phone up contractors to get leads shocker

An agent phoned up a contractor today and asked him for leads. The contractor was left astounded by the audaciousness of the recruitment consultant but continued to murmur graciously. The contractor was so outraged he embellished the story and complained on the internet to a bunch of fellow geeks.

Catch tomorrows special report on sh1t happening.
                    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Working...
                    X