• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Zen of Email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Zen of Email

Om.

The systems here are still as fecked up as ever.

Sending or reading an email is now a truly Zen experience.

You click on the Reply button and in a frighteningly Zenlike way, the system responds after a period of extreme contemplation lasting roughly 30 to 45 seconds.

Sometimes more.

Om.

The wonderful MultiFeckedUpFunction Devices are totally offline, so you can't print to them.

Printing is even more Zenlike than the email.

To print out a couple of datasheets, I've had to download the pdfs from the TI site, save them onto a stick, put the stick in my trusty Win2k box, print them out on the attached HP printer, then wander along to the MultiFeckedUpDevice to make copies.

Oddly it still works as a photocopier without needing to validate.

Om.

As an esteemed customer said to me yesterday:

Originally posted by Esteemed Customer
    Why are we paying all this money?

Replace the whole thing with a pressurized tube mail system. Much more fun.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I feel the same when my hosting mail server gets blacklisted by my client's email server...everything I send bounces back. Luckily there is hotmail. But still, Oh the humanity!
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Oh Dear(tm).

It appears that the Union of Esteemed Customers is up in arms about the state of the IT infrastructure.

Big meetings in progress.

you have to work hard to screw up file, print & email but people manage it
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There's a picket line of Esteemed Customers outside the main entrance.

With placards & stuff.

seriously ????????????????????????
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There's a picket line of Esteemed Customers outside the main entrance.

With placards & stuff.

It's not as if they can protest using social media with that infrastructure.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Guess there was nothing better to protest about

Comment

Working...
              X