• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this really the best excuse you could come up with

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really the best excuse you could come up with

From the daily mail (I know, I know)

A Victoria's Secret lingerie store worker was today forced to deny throwing acid in her own face to gain fame and fortune.
    Naomi Oni, 21, was accused of setting up the attack and asking friend Mary Konye, also 21, to 'play the stalker' and throw the corrosive liquid over her.
    Miss Oni vehemently denied the claims made by Konye's QC, on the third day of a trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court.

Read more: Brave acid attack victim Mary Konye arrives at court to give evidence | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    But if that is the best you can come up with surely it would be better just to admit defeat and tell your client to plead guilty
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    From the daily mail (I know, I know)

But if that is the best you can come up with surely it would be better just to admit defeat and tell your client to plead guilty
    Good old Lawyers and the system they created and run as a closed shop

Comment

And she's been found guilty BBC News - Mary Konye found guilty of acid attack on Naomi Oni (surprise, surprise)

Comment

So I don't follow what you're saying. Are you saying it was self inflicted?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          So I don't follow what you're saying. Are you saying it was self inflicted?
          No, he's saying it wasn't and it was a bit of a long shot as a defence.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I'm such a

Thanks buddy
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Yep. Its about the worst explanation I've ever heard and I've heard Suity's excuses to his wife for not getting a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Why? There may be some mitigation in pleading guilty early on, but ultimately, the burden of proof is quite high and all they have to do is move out of the "Beyond all reasonable doubt" range. Obviously it failed, but she was looking at a lengthy sentence either way.

When I was in a spot of bother with the law, a barrister recommended I plead guilty because I had limited defence opportunities. Long story short is that I didn't plead guilty, and wound up getting found guilty of a much lesser offence.

Comment

Working...
                X