• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duggan verdict expected at 15:40

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duggan verdict expected at 15:40

Was he lawfully or unlawfully killed?

Mark Duggan inquest latest

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Was he lawfully or unlawfully killed?

Mark Duggan inquest latest
    Who knows? But I loved the way he used to come in with a two by four and swing it around.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

With a little bit of luck the conclusion will be "nasty piece of work who likes guns is thankfully removed from the world". Even as a signed up hand-wringing liberal left winger I find it very hard to summon up the tiniest bit of sympathy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        With a little bit of luck the conclusion will be "nasty piece of work who likes guns is thankfully removed from the world". Even as a signed up hand-wringing liberal left winger I find it very hard to summon up the tiniest bit of sympathy for him.
        I don't disagree the world is probably better off without him, but what i'm more interested in is the lies from the police and planting evidence. I am expecting an 'open verdict'.

Comment

I don't disagree the world is probably better off without him, but what i'm more interested in is the lies from the police and planting evidence. I am expecting an 'open verdict'.
          Admittedly, the terrible handling of reporting in the immediate aftermath was a disgrace. But, in a way, that's part of the problem with the desperation to get news immediately - we've really got to start ascertaining facts before going out and doing press releases.

As for the whole race relations issue - who knows what the answer is there

Comment

You silly man, the Met never tell lies about people they've killed.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              But, in a way, that's part of the problem with the desperation to get news immediately - we've really got to start ascertaining facts before going out and shooting people.
              ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                You silly man, the Met never kills anyone, they just fall over and die of their own accord
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Stone me, ...
                  Don't say that in front of the police in London. They probably would.

Comment

sorry to say I have to agree, they seem to think they can lie.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X