• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Healthy Diet Failures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy Diet Failures

I don't normally make New Year's resolutions. In fact, this year I've actually made an anti-New Year's resolution and cancelled my gym membership. I've always found going to the gym a chore but finding it packed to the rafters with people on a New Year's fitness fad, I can't get on to any of my instruments of torture when I want to and getting changed in the locker room is like a game of Twister.

That said, I do need to go on a bit of a detox - particularly paying attention to what I eat - my insides took a right Royal battering over Christmas!

Of course, it won't last because events will unfold exactly the same as they do every year. The sequence of events normally starts with me thinking that I need to eat less processed food, less meat, fewer fatty things and more fruit and veg and then, over a short period of time, this thought process gets refined into me thinking I am going to cut out meat altogether and eat nothing but organic produce. And therein lies the problem as I will inevitably be led to the local health food shop. Now, this isn't Holland and Barratt by any means but a real sandal lover's panoply of soya derivatives and enough fibre packing wholemeal fayre to glue your ribs together for a lifetime with plenty of herbal infusions thrown in for good measure.

And I will duly buy enough to last me a week. And by the end of that week I will be completely and utterly sick to the back teeth of it and find myself in Barnacle Bill's ordering double haddock and chips to counteract the comfort food deficit I've accumulated over the preceding week. It's about all the dreary wholesomeness I can take....
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 9 January 2014, 12:07.

Buy a bicycle, ride to the gym (fast), work out, ride home. Repeat a few times a week. Eat the fish and chips if that's what you like.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I have tried to start eating healthy, lots of fresh fruit and veg and cut down on the sugary drinks and fatty foods
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've cut down on erm, uh, nothing really. Oh yes, Fruit Tellas. (because the machine at clientco's out of action)

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
          I don't normally make New Year's resolutions. In fact, this year I've actually made an anti-New Year's resolution and cancelled my gym membership. I've always found going to the gym a chore but finding it packed to the rafters with people on a New Year's fitness fad, I can't get on to any of my instruments of torture when I want to and getting changed in the locker room is like a game of Twister.

That said, I do need to go on a bit of a detox - particularly paying attention to what I eat - my insides took a right Royal battering over Christmas!

Of course, it won't last because events will unfold exactly the same as they do every year. The sequence of events normally starts with me thinking that I need to eat less processed food, less meat, fewer fatty things and more fruit and veg and then, over a short period of time, this thought process gets refined into me thinking I am going to cut out meat altogether and eat nothing but organic produce. And therein lies the problem as I will inevitably be led to the local health food shop. Now, this isn't Holland and Barratt by any means but a real sandal lover's panoply of soya derivatives and enough fibre packing wholemeal fayre to glue your ribs together for a lifetime with plenty of herbal infusions thrown in for good measure.

And I will duly buy enough to last me a week. And by the end of that week I will be completely and utterly sick to the back teeth of it and find myself in Barnacle Bill's ordering double haddock and chips to counteract the comfort food deficit I've accumulated over the preceding week. It's about all the dreary wholesomeness I can take....

Comment

For the love of God someone please make this stop.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              For the love of God someone please make this stop.
              No. I like GG's avatar.

Comment

Healthy eating to that level is not sustainable for most. Mich's regime will allow you to keep your weight stable while eating as you like but if you want to lose weight you need to go more extreme... eat normal healthy food in sensible portions or do a lot of exercise EVERY day.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Stop. Snacking.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Stop. Snacking.
                    You keep telling yourself that, it won't work!
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X