• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do some people JUST have a mobile phone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC News - Vodafone signal down in Bromyard since before Christmas

Posting a message on the mobile phone giant's website, one customer called Wayne said: "Since Monday 20 December I have had no signal or network coverage and as a result of this today I have discovered my father passed away on Friday but no family members have been able to get hold of me due to the network error I have been having."

No landline? No email?

More likely all his family hated him. But with a name like WAyne I am not surprised.

Plenty of people with a poor credit rating can't get a landline.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Yes. My in-laws, for example.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Erm, I have a landline but my mobile phone is exactly that; a phone, with no bells and whistles or apps or the like.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Plenty of people with a poor credit rating can't get a landline.
          Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
          Yes. My in-laws, for example.
          But no email either?

I guess someone called Wayne will probably have a poor credit rating.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            But no email either?

I guess someone called Wayne will probably have a poor credit rating.
            Yes, because some snobby git contractor put a function in the credit rating systems giving all entries where firstname= 'Wayne' a poor credit rating.

At least, if he didn't then he bloody well should have.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My landline kept breaking - NTL cable, though the broadband kept working. As I was contracting away from home, I could only ever have them round to fix it on Saturday, which tended to interfere with staying out until about 4am on Friday night then sleeping for most of the day. Whenever it was repaired it never worked for more than a month or two before breaking again.

After about the fifth time of having it fixed, I gave up. I think the last repair was in late 2007, or maybe early 2008. Haven't missed it in the slightest.

Comment

I dont even have a mobile phone. Blooming agents made my life a misery, so I binned it
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I was thinking the other day about what is the better communication device for video content. Handing out a DVD or handing out a URL to a page with a youtube video clip. What is going to be 'more viewable'?

Comment

I JUST have a mobile phone but it has email too

Landline at home is just for broadband; I don't know the actual number.

The BT engineer said he hardly ever goes into a household that uses the landline as phone these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X