• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

South soft again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South soft again

Cardiff and Edinburgh top the league for the cost of living in the UK, according to a survey.
    They have overtaken London as the most expensive places to live

Its trick with stats - they use relative measure of deciding if its expensive - %-tage of salary, which will certainly be lower than in London which is supposedly at bottom of this survey, something that makes me think this survey is a load of bull.

Comment

The Median is a better indicator of incomes than the Mean. I bet they used the Mean
      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        Cardiff and Edinburgh top the league for the cost of living in the UK, according to a survey.
        They have overtaken London as the most expensive places to live

It's a lot down to the fact that salaries in South Wales have remained v.low but property has hugely increased in cost. The city itself is considerably cheaper than Bath or Bristol for most things.

Comment

Working...
        X