• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have any of you read...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you read...

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion?

Three pages in and I'm sure its about one of you lot.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Wossitabaaaat?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I started to read it on the tube once, but some midget started giving me loads about using her as a book rest

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I read the first few pages on Amazon. What do you mean, one of us lot?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Wossitabaaaat?
          have you never heard of google or amazon

Synopsis

Don Tillman is a socially challenged genetics professor who's decided the time has come to find a wife. His questionnaire is intended to weed out anyone who's unsuitable. The trouble is, Don has rather high standards and doesn't really do flexible so, despite lots of takers - he looks like Gregory Peck - he's not having much success in identifying The One.

When Rosie Jarman comes to his office, Don assumes it's to apply for the Wife Project - and duly discounts her on the grounds she smokes, drinks, doesn't eat meat, and is incapable of punctuality. However, Rosie has no interest in becoming Mrs Tillman and is actually there to enlist Don's assistance in a professional capacity: to help her find her biological father.

Sometimes, though, you don't find love: love finds you...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A scientist who currently sounds like he may suffer from a form of autism, and has devised The Wife Project.

'We survived the meal without her criticising me for any social errors. Its very difficult to conduct a conversation while wondering whether you are looking at the correct body part but I locked onto her bespectacled eyes, as recommended by Gene. This resulted in some inaccuracy in the eating process, but she did not seem to notice.'
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I read the first few pages on Amazon. What do you mean, one of us lot?
              I was being polite. You know how I am.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Don Tillman is a socially challenged genetics professor who's decided the time has come to find a wife. His questionnaire is intended to weed out anyone who's unsuitable. The trouble is, Don has
                Could be most us on CUK that...

rather high standards and doesn't really do flexible so, despite lots of takers - he looks like Gregory Peck - he's not having much success in identifying The One.
                Ok forget the previous comment. That seriously narrows it down.

When Rosie Jarman comes to his office, Don assumes it's to apply for the Wife Project - and duly discounts her on the grounds she smokes, drinks, doesn't eat meat, and is incapable of punctuality. However, Rosie has no interest in becoming Mrs Tillman and is actually there to enlist Don's assistance in a professional capacity: to help her find her biological father.
                So it's about one (or most) of our female posters then?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I read it. Think it was a free kindle download (or poss 99p). Enjoyed it a lot as an easy read - apparently they're making it into a film.

Edit: I think the "looks like Gregory Peck" rather reduces candidates from the CUK pool.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Edit: I think the "looks like Gregory Peck" rather reduces candidates from the CUK pool.

I thought she said "looks like Gregorys Pecker"
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X