• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LBG - how bad.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBG - how bad.......

What is it with Lloyds? Each and every time I have had a CV submitted it goes off and then nothing. A few weeks before I started this contract I'd applied for a role at Lloyds. I heard nothing for over 4 weeks and then got a call from the agent asking if I was still interested as they wanted to see me. Surely they should know that good contractors don't stay available for months on end.

Fast forward...I was submitted for a role in the week before Christmas. for a role in Halifax (very local to me and a good match on the skill set) Again not heard a peep. Now I've seen that Haoxley are touting it about. I've just spoken to the agent who can't understand why none of the CV's they submitted have been selected.

Utter tulipe!!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    What is it with Lloyds? Each and every time I have had a CV submitted it goes off and then nothing. A few weeks before I started this contract I'd applied for a role at Lloyds. I heard nothing for over 4 weeks and then got a call from the agent asking if I was still interested as they wanted to see me. Surely they should know that good contractors don't stay available for months on end.

Fast forward...I was submitted for a role in the week before Christmas. for a role in Halifax (very local to me and a good match on the skill set) Again not heard a peep. Now I've seen that Haoxley are touting it about. I've just spoken to the agent who can't understand why none of the CV's they submitted have been selected.

Utter tulipe!!
    Hoaxleys are obviously offering larger brown paper bags full of money

With many of these companies the sole interest of the hireing person is what they personally get out of it

it is the reason that UK industry has gone to the dogs
    Last edited by original PM; 10 January 2014, 09:51. Reason: sppppelllling

Comment

LBG sounds like a truly miserable place to work. I got through to the final round of interviews for a contract paying a very high rate, but couldn't do it in the end.

The interviewers basically admitted that it was a bureaucratic hellhole with no prospect of getting anything done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
        LBG sounds like a truly miserable place to work.
        I always read LBG as Lesbian, bisexual and gay, which doesn't sound too bad

Maybe I need to get out more (and off Tumblr)
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
          I always read LBG as Lesbian, bisexual and gay, which doesn't sound too bad

Maybe I need to get out more (and off Tumblr)
          It's LGB not LBG. Well it was LGB, then LGBT, now it's LGBTX or LGBT*.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

LBG sounds like a truly miserable place to work. I got through to the final round of interviews for a contract paying a very high rate, but couldn't do it in the end.

The interviewers basically admitted that it was a bureaucratic hellhole with no prospect of getting anything done.
            TBH that's what I've heard, but the role I was going for was on my doorstep. I've pretty much given up applying for any of their roles anywhere other than anything that pops up in Halifax. For the most part you might as well throw the CV in the bin rather than apply for roles at Lloyds
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Yep, Lloyds is gay. In the lame sense of the word, although there are also more chaps who are good with colours than you would otherwise expect in Halifax.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Doogie, how do you know so much
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I've been seeing this a lot more lately, clients taking weeks/months even to get around to interviewing you.

Last client stalled the start-date by a month only two weeks before I was due to start.

Its got much harder being a contractor the last few years, getting messed-about by agents and and clients no-end and not enough gigs to warrant the life-style.

Comment

That's why I like it there - they pay shedloads and you don't actually have to do anything. Pretty much the perfect contract...

Comment

Working...
                    X