• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial Services Dead?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Services Dead?

Anyone hearing that Financial Services is dead at the moment? Hearing of significant slow down in the business market which is having a knock on effect of IT portfolios....

Lots of resources on board with no work...
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Not from my point of view.

Started a new gig just before Xmas and still getting several calls a day from agents.

Comment

Investment banking with C++ seems to be okay, I have had regular work for over two years.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Just moved back into Finance as at the end of last year. seems ok, however you may be suffering from January hangovers awaiting new budgets.

Comment

I was expecting an upswing by now (on bench) but it doesn't seem to have materialized.

Comment

The main problem with FS is it's bobbed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
              Not from my point of view.
              Me too, can never remember a time in 6 years of contracting where I've been getting so many calls/emails re potential new roles...

Comment

In my experience they all come running at the the beginning of Feb. December and Jauary are traditionally "dead" months.
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Started a new IB role before Christmas, lots of calls still coming thru

Comment

Working...
                  X