• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess what

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4797419.stm

Unemployment has continued to rise, with the number of people out of work increasing by 92,000 to 1.68 million between April and June.
    The number of people claiming unemployment benefit rose by 2,000 to 957,000, figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) have shown.

The UK's unemployment rate was 5.5% during the quarter, up 0.3% from the previous three months.

Average earnings rose 4.3% in the year to June, up 0.2% on a monthly basis.

"The unemployment data continue to show both employment and unemployment rising as the recently improved growth in the economy is still not generating enough jobs to meet the expanding labour force," said Howard Archer, chief economist at Global Insight.

So why exactly are we allowing all the east europeans here if there are not enough jobs?

I am off to the dole to take my place in the queue before it is as long as in Heathrow...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      So why exactly are we allowing all the east europeans here if there are not enough jobs?
      It's becoz they is cheap, innit.

I have a Polish lady cleaning my rings as I type.

Comment

Our local bus company 'first bus' went over to Poland to hold a recruitment fair as they had no takers when advertising in the local press, they work crap hours for crap pay and have to ferry violant abusive yoof's back and forth to the council estates... good luck to 'em.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Quite simple really, so they can do all the work for lower wages thus keeping the captains of industry happy, and all the lazy chavs can live on benefits, thus maintaining a healthy level of support for NewLie.
          Think of it as a win-win scenario.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Also the standards at our local lap dancing club have hit new heights recently.

Astra from Latvia/Poland/Slovenia or Tracey from Bristol? not much of a decision is it.
            Last edited by gingerjedi; 16 August 2006, 12:04.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X