• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The wheels of justice turn slowly and expensively ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wheels of justice turn slowly and expensively ...

...but it seems, surely:

BBC News - 'Plebgate' affair: Met PC admits misconduct

Maximum custodial sentence called for, IMO, and the same to the others involved.
    Marginally treasonable activity, to try to wrongly impugn a representative of HM elected government.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Agreed. Jail time for the officer.

Comment

Sir Richard Ottaway MP and friend of Mr Mitchell: "It brings the whole Met into disrepute"

What planet does Richard Ottaway come from? What kind of reputation does he think the Met had before this incident?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

What planet does Richard Ottaway come from? What kind of reputation does he think the Met had before this incident?
        Its happening again, I'm agreeing with SASGuru.

The Met have an opportunity to change their spots on this one, give the involved officers the harshest punishment possible and make it clear this sort of thing stops now. They are starting to look like a police force any dictator would be proud of, fitting people up, falsifying evidence etc.

Unfortunately if they do punish the officers any cases they ever worked on will be fair game for the lawyers. I think that is a price worth paying and considering their positions the damage should be limited.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Marginally treasonable activity, to try to wrongly impugn a representative of HM elected government.
          Sedition?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            ...but it seems, surely:

BBC News - 'Plebgate' affair: Met PC admits misconduct

Maximum custodial sentence called for, IMO, and the same to the others involved.
            Can't see it, he'll be forced into early retirement, they can shoot and kill unarmed young black men and get off scott free.

Comment

Not sure who I hate more - the police or government ministers.

Can they both be found guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Not sure who I hate more - the police or government ministers.

Can they both be found guilty?
                Mitchell was exposed as a nasty piece of work and stepped down from his post. That was enough for me.

Now Mandleslime, the Bliars, etc I would love to see them prosecuted.

CMD & Gideon seem to be trying their best with most things, wish they would grow a pair and sort out large companies.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It makes you wonder how many innocent people are in prison now because of coppers that lied
                  "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
                    It makes you wonder how many innocent people are in prison now because of coppers that lied
                    it also makes me wonder how many guilty ones are out of prison because of coppers that were bribed
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X