• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flaming PMs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaming PMs

On a project I'm only lightly working on and so far has involved them importing data without me being allowed to verify it. The dev environment has crashed. Defining a solution without talking to the decision makers in the business and getting me to drive round the countryside to hear them plan things without booking resources.

The PM asked me 'Can you create an issue list' I think this is because I'm the only one that seems to have raised any and shared them.

Maybe I'm missing something but aren't the main jobs for a PM is to own the deliverables,Plan, risk and issues ?

I feel a suity moment coming on
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I thought this was going to be a thread about someone sending you hate PMs.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I thought this was going to be a thread about someone sending you hate PMs.
      Is that allowable now?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        On a project I'm only lightly working on and so far has involved them importing data without me being allowed to verify it. The dev environment has crashed. Defining a solution without talking to the decision makers in the business and getting me to drive round the countryside to hear them plan things without booking resources.

The PM asked me 'Can you create an issue list' I think this is because I'm the only one that seems to have raised any and shared them.

Maybe I'm missing something but aren't the main jobs for a PM is to own the deliverables,Plan, risk and issues ?

I feel a suity moment coming on
        Well he could take the same approach to the Issues list and do it without talking to the experts (you) and then you can come on here complaining about how bad PM's are at raising tulip issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
          Well he could take the same approach to the Issues list and do it without talking to the experts (you) and then you can come on here complaining about how bad PM's are at raising tulip issues.
          Or they could have a meeting with the team and make a list with them
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Is that allowable now?
            Naughty eek.

I've figured it out now - he's tense because he'll soon be on the blob.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
              as I said I seem to be the only one raising issues I find and sharing them. that is my job.

collating them from all involved and making sure all raised issues are addressed are the PM's jobs.

it was task dumping and sharing the blame.

there is a partial team & some stakeholders meeting 4 hours drive / train away starting at 9 and going on all day. 5 days before the project end. We could all do it over a conference call any day.

I can see this project going live to laughter.

Why would I get hate PMs I'm lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Or they could have a meeting with the team and make a list with them
                if only!

Comment

Tony Blair on a barbercue.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Tony Blair on a barbercue.
                    like that, nicked!

Comment

Working...
                    X