• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fencing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fencing

Concrete posts and normal panel thingies.

How much should it cost incl labour?

Whole perimeter really needs doing - neighbour got quote for the broken bit that adjoins his property (our fence) - £240 for four posts/three panels - seems like a lot - no real idea how many for all the way round, but would guess 20 posts-ish.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Whole perimeter really needs doing - neighbour got quote for the broken bit that adjoins his property (our fence) - £240 for four posts/three panels - seems like a lot - no real idea how many for all the way round, but would guess 20 posts-ish.
    Sounds reasonable if it includes labour, Wickes used to do fencing for about 45 quid a piece and it depends on whether you go for concrete posts or wooden.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Why not simply work it out?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

what fence panels? what size? what posts?.

waney edge (normal cheap style)6*6 ~ £25 a panel.

feather edge (vertical planks) 6*6 £30

concrete 8ft posts £15

gravel board £10. if panel is raised on concrete to stop rot.

so £75 for panels, £60 posts. £20 concrete.

£90 half - > day labour. digging 4 holes filling with concrete then hopefully popping back to put the panels in.

they seem to be a product where retail is close to cost.

size doesn't make that much difference to price knock off a quid ish a foot smalleron panels or posts.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Materials you can easily work out, the issue is time. Digging those holes is quite laborious especially if the ground isn't easy.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Materials you can easily work out, the issue is time. Digging those holes is quite laborious especially if the ground isn't easy.
            Bulgarian labour is cheap.

HTH

Comment

Never underesitmate the costs of a fence. even a little one can cost farsands. farsands.

plus, get the neighbours on board, other wise you can be in for a decade of boundary disputes, and that can cost you farsands. farsands.

and make sure your diggers dont go through any lekky , gas , water or waste pipes, if they do, it can cost you farsands. farsands.

I got my son in law to do mine. Big concrete posts with custome made solid panels. you couldnt drive a sherman tank through it. Still cost me farsands. farsands.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I can recommend a place in Hitchin if this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I can recommend a place in Hitchin if this helps.
                  Yes please coul you let me know. I'm in the market for some fencing and live in Hitchin
                  "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Further enquiries indicate that only the left hand bit betwixt end of garage and back of garden is our responsibility, so just the four panels/five posts. The hole in the back fence belongs to the people behind us Not too fussed about cost if it's just a small bit - will just pay the man what he's asking. (And might see if he can put a concrete base down for a decent shed while he's at it).

Comment

Working...
                    X