• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deteriorating Handwriting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deteriorating Handwriting

With keyboards, and phone texting, etc, do you find your handwriting is rapidly going downhill?

I used to enjoy writing, but I have noticed, of late, how appalling my handwriting has become.

I thought it might be the case, but I started doing a degree - involving exams requiring 4x1000 word essays in 3 hours. It seems my handwriting is still sufficiently legible.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
      With keyboards, and phone texting, etc, do you find your handwriting is rapidly going downhill?
      Actually no. If anything I now just take my time when writing by hand.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You are probably pot noodling too much. Give your wrist a break.

Comment

Mine was wrecked by A level and University note taking and exams - was getting back to acceptable but is now going again due to never writing (as OP observed) and age. On the upside maybe I can a job writing prescriptions.....oh no, they're all printed now...

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Mine was wrecked by A level and University note taking and exams - was getting back to acceptable but is now going again due to never writing (as OP observed) and age. On the upside maybe I can a job writing prescriptions.....oh no, they're all printed now...
            WHS!
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I thought it might be the case, but I started doing a degree - involving exams requiring 4x1000 word essays in 3 hours. It seems my handwriting is still sufficiently legible.
              My exams nearly crippled my hand - had no idea how out of practice I was for writing solidly for 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                A man's degree requires no essay writing.

HTH
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  A man's degree requires no essay writing.

HTH
                  I've already got a man's degree (Maths and Computing). Just fancied doing a girly one. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'm quite capable of writing essays, since when I was at school I hated doing it.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I did a French evening class about 5 years ago, and apart from it being really strange being in a class room again for the first time in 15 years, I quickly discovered that I couldn't write. I was just so out of practice it really was painful just taking out notes and doing exercises or whatever. My handwriting has always been illegible, but that was more about making my hand physically move in that way.

I've never been one for writing notes at work, so I have very little reason to ever pick up a pen in this day and age.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X