• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telescopes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telescopes

I think I may take up astronomy. There are some right bargains on eBay.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    The problem is with astral telescopes is that watching the neighbour's daughter in the shower appears to be upside down
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Invest in a decent tripod. I had a great little telescope but it was very wobbly.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

i would love to buy a telescope and have researched them a fair amount, this one looks to be my favourite to date

Skymax 127 Synscan GOTO
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          i would love to buy a telescope and have researched them a fair amount, this one looks to be my favourite to date

Skymax 127 Synscan GOTO
          Yes I saw those, some of their larger ones are on the shortlist too. I've mostly been looking at Celestron and Meade ones on EBay. The Meade ETX go for very good prices, there is a Celestron C8 tube on there for a good price as well, that's quite a serious bit of kit but I'd need to buy a mount separately.

Have a look at Officina Stellare Workshop of the stars if you fancy some pr0n
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Dunno if you're up to reading, but

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Age-Wond...dp_ob_title_bk

is a really entertaining read - there's a good bit about Herschel (both William and Caroline) that, if you like telescopes, you'll probably enjoy.

Comment

Suitys neighbour knows all about him. Ask him.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Get one with automatic tracking (to account for the earth's rotation) It's also worth getting old CCD webcam, so, with a remote control for the telescope, you can view the sky on your laptop from the comfort of your living room sofa.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Get one with automatic tracking (to account for the earth's rotation) It's also worth getting old CCD webcam, so, with a remote control for the telescope, you can view the sky on your laptop from the comfort of your living room sofa.
                  Yes I definitely want a motorised equatorial mount so I can experiment with astrophotography. Hadn't thought of the remote viewing potential though, that is a cool idea, I wonder how that will work with live view on my DSLR.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Swish ....

yes I agree about the tracking - I borrowed a telescope years ago and spent ages setting it up and getting it focused on the moon, but the lunar git kept moving - most annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X