• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new business idea real-linkedin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new business idea real-linkedin

so my new business idea, promted by vast numbers of people i know to be lying on linkedin is a more realistic warts and all version, called say real-linkedin (the name would need to change to something snappier, any ideas)

for a start stuff thats easily proven like accademic qualifications must be backed up by a pdf of the certificate on the site

for two anybody can post "recommendations" or "realisitic versions of what this person actually did during this period" and the guilty party cannot veto them... so people claimined to have been "head of..." when actually just in the pool of workers, or "deputy cxo..." when not, or "leader of..." can all be challenged by the people who actually were there

etc

also two seperate contacts lists, those you know and trust, and agents and everyone else who wants to contact you, and they dont get to see which list they are in

any other improvements to linkedin needed?

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    so my new business idea, promted by vast numbers of people i know to be lying on linkedin is a more realistic warts and all version, called say real-linkedin (the name would need to change to something snappier, any ideas)

for a start stuff thats easily proven like accademic qualifications must be backed up by a pdf of the certificate on the site

for two anybody can post "recommendations" or "realisitic versions of what this person actually did during this period" and the guilty party cannot veto them... so people claimined to have been "head of..." when actually just in the pool of workers, or "deputy cxo..." when not, or "leader of..." can all be challenged by the people who actually were there

etc

also two seperate contacts lists, those you know and trust, and agents and everyone else who wants to contact you, and they dont get to see which list they are in

any other improvements to linkedin needed?
    Kneecapping for pimps who abuse it. It could be funded out of the pimp's premium subscription fees.

Comment

<puts solicitor on speed dial>
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

For a minute there I thought you were serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

For a minute there I thought you were serious.
          I know I have a degree certificate somewhere. I graduated in 1993 and haven't seen it since then....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And creating a pdf with a bogus degree cert would be way beyond anyone, of course

Comment

How do you vet the people that are writing the assessment? How will you know that the people saying "no, he did ABC instead of XYZ" were even there?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I have a memory of something similar before linked in, it mutated into iProfile if I remember rightly.

Problem is you have to get the users to pay. You then have to incentivise the referees.
                If the customers are agents then the whole lot will be abused for references.

Of course once you share that amount of data publicly then you are digitally naked.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  And creating a pdf with a bogus degree cert would be way beyond anyone, of course

I have a Ph.D in Advanced Pedantics from the University of Bums on Seats
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                    How do you vet the people that are writing the assessment? How will you know that the people saying "no, he did ABC instead of XYZ" were even there?
                    Be afraid

ShareRep

Full disclosure - I know one of the founders

Comment

Working...
                    X