• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Busy day for Operation Yewtree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy day for Operation Yewtree

BBC News - Dave Lee Travis described as 'opportunist' sex offender

BBC News - Coronation Street's William Roache 'attacked girl in toilet'

BBC News - Rolf Harris pleads not guilty to 12 indecent assault charges
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

No mention of Rolf''s indecent images? Did those charges get dropped?

Comment

Operation Yewtree is a police investigation into sexual abuse allegations, predominantly the abuse of children,
      hmmm isn't there a statute of limitations for assault?...suppose she has smelt the compensation

One woman, aged 19, had been "assaulted live on Top of the Pops" in 1978
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So DLT is accused of having "busy hands" around a few adult women, which isn't okay of course, but it's not really fair to put him in the same category as the others.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          No mention of Rolf''s indecent images? Did those charges get dropped?
          It's there in the article -

"The Australian artist, musician and television presenter has yet to be arraigned on four counts of making an indecent image of a child."

Comment

Roache 'sent autograph after attack'
            Coronation Street star William Roache indecently assaulted a girl in the men's toilet at a TV studio and then sent her a signed photo, a court hears.

I wonder what the picture was of?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              hmmm isn't there a statute of limitations for assault?...suppose she has smelt the compensation
              There is no statute of imitations on any criminal act.

With regard to the OP, Call me cynical but I think the CPS deliberately got all three dates the same in both the courts for maximum exposure

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Roache 'sent autograph after attack'
                Coronation Street star William Roache indecently assaulted a girl in the men's toilet at a TV studio and then sent her a signed photo, a court hears.

I wonder what the picture was of?
                him, there was a copy of the letter in the tabloids.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mudskipper tried to touch my special place once when we went out for a drinkl. Can't wait for her to get famous.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    So DLT is accused of having "busy hands" around a few adult women, which isn't okay of course, but it's not really fair to put him in the same category as the others.
                    I'll give that the thumb's up
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X