• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changes to the rep system!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to the rep system!

It's been a long time coming. Far too many people reached the maximum number of points allowed by MySQL so have reworked it again with some new rules...

When you are logged in you will see a like (thumb up) and thank (smiley face) icon. Clicking these will show up under the post that you thanked or liked that post. In return the poster will get some rep...

The old rep system is still there and also contributes to rep score in the same way it always did. With a bit less weighting on post count, time on the forum etc though.

Rep titles are no longer displayed in the professional forums and neither is the ability to give rep other than via the thanks and likes system.

In the poster details section at the side of each post you will also see the number of thanks and likes each poster has given / received so that you can see if they are a giver or a taker

Update of user ranks and titles is still running through but it all looks to be working OK.

Also, under the Community link at the top of the page there is a leaderboard for the most thanks and likes received.

See if you can break it this time

Thanks admin, I've been in such a rich vein of posting form recently this forum has been crying out for this to reward me for my efforts.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Have YOU negged MF today?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Have YOU negged MF today?
        Good point, first order of business.

Comment

So what the logic of having Like and Thanks? Shirley having both is redundant?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Good point, first order of business.
            Haha, it is becoming a bit of a ritual whenever i see one of his posts.

Comment

No dislike!!! Where's the neg rep!!!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

administrator is good enough for Jehovah!
                I hope they are all Life of Brian quotes
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I never worked out how the first rep system worked.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    No dislike!!! Where's the neg rep!!!
                    Fick twat.

Comment

Working...
                    X