• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Line Manager please!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Manager please!!

Will these Bloody Pimps please stop wasting my time with Job offers
    only at the end of the call to ask very nicely for the name of your "Current Line Manager" as their client is insisting on a contact name...........

MBA...you know who you are!

How Very, Very dare you!!!

Originally posted by Phoenix
    Will these Bloody Pimps please stop wasting my time with Job offers
    only at the end of the call to ask very nicely for the name of your "Current Line Manager" as their client is insisting on a contact name...........

MBA...you know who you are!

How Very, Very dare you!!!
    In my day they would call you and say, so you are working at company X , is Dave Grump still the line manager ?

To which the unwary contractor would reply, no its not Dave Grump, its Pete Miserable, at which point an evil laugh would resound and the call would abruptly end.

Comment

My current boss hates agents... every now and then one manages to get through to him by claiming to be something else, and he tears them to shreds. It's quite amusing as the office gathers round to watch him as he vents all his pent up anger (about everything) on the nonce on the other end of the line. They never call twice.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Talking of which, has anyone still got that url of the bloke raging at a BT call centre bozo?

Class....

"DO. YOU. COMPREHEND???"
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Add to that..Mortimer Spinks............about Half an hour ago!

And your line Manager is?

Feck off!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
            Add to that..Mortimer Spinks............about Half an hour ago!

And your line Manager is?

Feck off!
            Was that the guy who wrote the play The Cherry Orchard, Anton Feckoff?

PS Is your line manager still Dave Grump ?

Here is a template for your response ....

No, my manager isnt Dave Grump it is ... insert your managers name and his ext number here

Comment

When they ask for my manager or contact I usually give them the name and mobile number of another pimp.

Comment

"Just putting you through, now..." and then back to the switchboard.
                Sorted.
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

In my day they would call you and say, so you are working at company X , is Dave Grump still the line manager ?
                  The answer to this should always be "Yeh, he is".
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                  X