• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yorkshire Meet - Jan 29th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yorkshire Meet - Jan 29th

Testmangler is heading to Leeds so Leeds it is.

Starting point Scabby Tabs (not the far nicer Brewery Tap around the corner) from 6:30....
    Last edited by eek; 27 January 2014, 11:46.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Probably not Leeds as Testmangler is refusing to drive but Halifax isn't anywhere near as hideous as Bradford / Sheffield.

Mind you the last time I was there was 32 years ago so things may have changed.....
    Hopefully, the pub will have changed the barrel by now.

Barrydidit should be up for it as well.

Good starting point is 'The Railway' which is 100 yds or so from the station.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Probably not Leeds as Testmangler is refusing to drive but Halifax isn't anywhere near as hideous as Bradford / Sheffield.

Mind you the last time I was there was 32 years ago so things may have changed.....
      Halifax is much more hideous than Sheffield....but it's also close enough so count me in.

Comment

I'll pass on that one. Leeds is fine for me by Halifax is just too much hassle to get to.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I'll pass on that one. Leeds is fine for me by Halifax is just too much hassle to get to.
          I was thinking the same. How much would a cab be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
            I was thinking the same. How much would a cab be?
            Its £5.50 return by train and there are a lot of them.....
            Last edited by eek; 15 January 2014, 19:04.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Its £4.40 return by train and there are a lot of them.....
              Sorted

Comment

Great stuff!! Couple in Ma Bakers, Ely Mcflys and Maine Street and then down to the Coli for some dancing. If everyone hasn't copped off by midnight then off to Acca for the older women that know what they want. Gonna be a good night!

If we get in to Coli early enough we can go watch the famous lightshow...

Last edited by northernladuk; 16 January 2014, 00:20.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Think Main St & Liquid (The Coli to you) are closed on a Wed

The Acca has lost its 'Grab a Granny' status and is now an underage venue

It'll be pies, pints and doms followed by Karaoke in Yates'
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Think Main St & Liquid (The Coli to you) are closed on a Wed

The Acca has lost its 'Grab a Granny' status and is now an underage venue

It'll be pies, pints and doms followed by Karaoke in Yates'
                    Oh how the mighty have fallen
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X