• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Meat Recipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Meat Recipe

As the title says, what's your favourite meat recipe you enjoy to cook?

I'm looking for inspiration for Saturday.

My ideas so far are:

Rabbit stuffed with prunes - delicious but too time consuming and fiddly to get done with a busy saturday morning.
    Beef Wellington with potato gratin - i love it and it's my favourite idea so far
    Asian spiced Duck breast - tasty but I cant think of a good starter for asian duck.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Tartare steak made with capers, shallots, fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Even better if you use venison instead of beef.

If you don't like it raw, then add an egg to the mix, squish it into a patty and fry as you would a steak; you get what the Dutch call a German steak, but infinitely better than the squelchy processed crap sold in Albert Heijn (for norrahe).
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 16 January 2014, 10:13.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How about lamb shanks? They take a while to cook but are very easy and perfect cold weather food.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

This one, but I use a lamb cannon cut.
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          How about lamb shanks? They take a while to cook but are very easy and perfect cold weather food.
          Yes, delicious.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A firm favourite of mine when I have people over, fairly simple do do and delicious.

pork tenderloin with caramelised garlic, plus roasted figs with pomegranate molasses

Comment

Another +1 for Lamb Shank. Slow roast, doesn't need much attention.

Alternative would be the full forerib of beef with yorkshires etc. More involved.

Failing that, steak. Quick and delicious.

Comment

Roast beef and yorkshire pudding for me every time.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Pressed belly of pork. Can be prepped the day before (it needs to rest overnight in the fridge anyway) and only takes 30 mins in a hot oven on the day.

Superb crackling, juicy flavoursome meat.

Or.

Do a proper Cassoulet with confit duck as well as sausage. The duck legs cook in the oven while the cassoulet cooks and go in at the end. Other than prep work (chopping some veg) there is very little to do and can be served with crusty bread for minimum mucking about.

Edit: In fact, sod it. Going to do the full Cassoulet this weekend rather than the usual poor mans version (no duck).
                  Last edited by DaveB; 16 January 2014, 11:01.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    +1

Slow roasted lamb, beef, pork, gammon....

I like a nice gammon in cider / raspberry sparkling wine - dead easy and tastes great.

Nothing too pretentious, just good quality, decent food and lots of it.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X