• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 250 a day agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 250 a day agency

What's this no-sense spam? I continue to receive emails from this agency which offers £ 250 a day contracts (and actually the requirements are quite high). Do they find people for that? I can make more with a permie job. Do you receive this spam too?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

I'm on less than that at the moment - I'd take a job from them
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Tadpole Technologies here in Edinburgh 'only offer £225 a day maximum'. Might as well say 'and must speak English as a second language'.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I got sent one this morning, for about £200 a day. There seems quite a few about at the moment. I checked out the recruitment firm and asked a few questions. The one I saw was a semi-permanent sort of role with holiday included in the deal - like a permie job but with contracts renewed each year. They even pay for the contractor to embed themselves within the company and become an in-house expert on some technology or another.

Some industries have got away with having pseudo-employees like this for years and they just apply the same to IT contractors. It's like having a semi-steady job. £200 a day works out to £52k assuming the 20 days holiday is paid as part of the deal, maybe £45k as a comparable gross salary. It's pointless trying to avoid IR35 with this sort of thing though. Not a bad compromise for someone who wants stability in their contract whilst getting paid a bit more than a permie.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          What's this no-sense spam? I continue to receive emails from this agency which offers £ 250 a day contracts (and actually the requirements are quite high). Do they find people for that? I can make more with a permie job. Do you receive this spam too?
          Frankco, a piece of advice, stop being such a w anker!

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
            Some industries have got away with having pseudo-employees like this for years and they just apply the same to IT contractors. It's like having a semi-steady job. £200 a day works out to £52k assuming the 20 days holiday is paid as part of the deal, maybe £45k as a comparable gross salary. It's pointless trying to avoid IR35 with this sort of thing though. Not a bad compromise for someone who wants stability in their contract whilst getting paid a bit more than a permie.
            So like a temporary contract. I.e. 1 year contracts with fixed holidays, sick pays and so on and penalties if terminated before. In the continent actually those contracts are quite common as companies don't want to hire permanent people (permies have rights in EU, it's not like in UK). Is it becoming common here too?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Frankco thinks he is a contractor because he had to sign a contract when accepting his permie job...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Frankco thinks he is a contractor because he had to sign a contract when accepting his permie job...
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unb...tness_of_Being

"According to Kundera, "being" is full of "unbearable lightness" because each of us has only one life to live: "Einmal ist Keinmal" ("once is never", i.e., "what happened once might as well have never happened at all"). Therefore, each life is ultimately insignificant; every decision ultimately does not matter. Since decisions do not matter, they are "light": they do not tie us down. But at the same time, the insignificance of our decisions - our lives, or being - is unbearable. Hence, "the unbearable lightness of being.""

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unb...tness_of_Being

"According to Kundera, "being" is full of "unbearable lightness" because each of us has only one life to live: "Einmal ist Keinmal" ("once is never", i.e., "what happened once might as well have never happened at all"). Therefore, each life is ultimately insignificant; every decision ultimately does not matter. Since decisions do not matter, they are "light": they do not tie us down. But at the same time, the insignificance of our decisions - our lives, or being - is unbearable. Hence, "the unbearable lightness of being.""
                  I say loads of bollox things like that when I’ve had too much rum on a Sunday afternoon. Laying under the palm tree on Seven Mile Beach
                  watching the sunset has that sort of effect on people.
                  Blair, you cannot reach me now,
                  No matter how you try,
                  Goodbye cruel Labour,
                  Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Do you say "hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, Jim Lad" too?
                    AHoy me harties!!

Yo Ho Ho!

Comment

Working...
                    X