• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the landlords among us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the landlords among us

Daft question but does "Landlord Insurance" cover buildings insurance too or is that still required?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

In a nutshell - yes. My current policy covers:

Buildings
    Landlords' fixtures & fittings
    Landlords' contents
    Property owners' liability
    Alternative accommodation
    Subsidence
    Trace and access

Comment

It depends on the product you pick. They are tailored to suit all situations. I have insurance on a flat that only covers the internal stuff, not the building as it is covered by the maintenance charge but I have a house that covers only buildings and the very basics of the internals.

I don't think there is any such thing as a catch all 'Landlords insurance'.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Daft question but does "Landlord Insurance" cover buildings insurance too or is that still required?
        Ask your insurer.

But yes, our cover is protects both. However the cover for the holiday-let place is different and considerably more expensive.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Mine covers both. Thanks for the reminder mines due.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think our building insurance is Landlords' insurance, i.e. it's building insurance which covers letting the house rather than living in it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Something to remember

I recall a number of the products when searching that would be void were the flat unoccupied for more than 3-4 weeks. Which rather sucks as that's probably the exact time you might get a burst pipe say when it's not in use.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I recall a number of the products when searching that would be void were the flat unoccupied for more than 3-4 weeks. Which rather sucks as that's probably the exact time you might get a burst pipe say when it's not in use.
                This is common, as is not allowing benefits claimants - although you'd think that's discrimination of some sort.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  In the T's and C's for mine the clause goes along the line of 'you don't expect the property to be vacant for >45 days'. I think the key to that is expectation - i've never called to query what would happen should 45 days vacancy come and go. Perhaps the landlord could spend the night there and reset the clock?

Comment

Working...
                  X