• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK employment agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK employment agencies

Occasional they will contact me. This morning one did for whatever reason. They did not name the client, cagy about location but would inform me when I supplied:

"you would need to be able to provide us with written references that must be supplied on company headed paper"

Are contractors seriously having to put up with the nonsense?

"We only operate contractors as PAYE, Umbrella Company or Limited Company, which of these three would you choose if you were successful?"

I said 'cash accounting' like I operate here Germany - response was
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Yeah I get that now and again. The last one also asked me my day rate and I told him I don't do daily rates, only hourly and then told him how much. He was going to send me his details but never heard from him again...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
    X