• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baked potato

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baked potato

... having a discussion today at work - baked potatoes nowadays are about the size of an apple ...

when I was a lad I remember you could get them in humongous sizes - like the size of a small dog

am I suffering from some sort of false memory syndrome?
    did I actually eat dog?

or back in the day were potatoes actually bigger?
    and if so is the EU to blame?

When I was a lad I could get blind drunk, bag of chips and my bus fare home all for a tenner - same thing?
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by madhippy
      ... having a discussion today at work - baked potatoes nowadays are about the size of an apple ...

when I was a lad I remember you could get them in humongous sizes - like the size of a small dog

am I suffering from some sort of false memory syndrome?
      did I actually eat dog?

or back in the day were potatoes actually bigger?
      and if so is the EU to blame?
      You can get real sized ones in Morrisons.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        You can get real sized ones in Morrisons.
        As from last week I switched to Morrisons from ASDA - maybe somewhat higher price but quality is considerably better, so is choice.

Comment

order of price vs quality in supermarkets is
          Lidl/Aldi - Dirt Cheap - Low Quality
          Asda - Cheap - Ok Quality
          Morrisons - Low Price - Quality
          Sainsburys - Pricey - Good Quality
          Marks&Sparks - Expensive - High Quality

Anyone remember Finefare?

Comment

How Tesco fits into it? They have for some reason like 30% market share, and few times I was there it did not occur to me they were obviously better than ASDA (that I now stopped using).

Comment

Waitrose - Expensive / so-so quality
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

that's all very well but what about my bleeding taters?!!?!

Comment

That was probably back in the day when farmers grew mutant sized vegetables by spraying them with all sorts of nasty, synthesised, carcinogenic pesticides and fertilisers.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    How Tesco fits into it? They have for some reason like 30% market share, and few times I was there it did not occur to me they were obviously better than ASDA (that I now stopped using).
                    Tesco just above Morrisions and below Sainsburys.

Comment

Working...
                    X