• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend a bank please...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a bank please...

I've just gone LTD after a while with an Umbrella co. but now urgently need to open a business bank account.
    Currently researching still but faves so far are; Co-op (ethical, very cheap, trusted) and Cater Allen (Free, small and good customer service).

So, which banks do you use, and which would you recommend? (not necessarily the same!)

Cheers in advance

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I use Cater Allen (Robert Fleming as was), being introduced by my accountant.

Do everything I ever ask of them.

No complaints.
    What the GAL said, but tense adjusted.

Cater Allen aren't in reality small as the bank is owned by Santander.
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 18 January 2014, 17:38.

Comment

South. Lots of street art. Or Jodrell if you like telescopes.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Haven't had any issues with Barclays. Very convenient to deal with. I would recommend them. Like any of the big banks, though, they have their fair share of goons in the branches and on the phone but they respond promptly to statement requests and the like.

I think Co-op has a good deal going at the moment, but they're not the most efficient bank out there and as for the ethical bit, well...

Comment

I use Santander UK business.
          Free. No problems so far.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            I use Santander UK business.
            Free. No problems so far.
            WKPS

Set up was easy and free of hassle. Had no complaints so far.

Comment

there's a sperm bank down the road a bit...you could use that?
              Join IPSE

Comment

Deutsche bank.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by raidzero View Post
                  I've just gone LTD after a while with an Umbrella co. but now urgently need to open a business bank account.
                  Currently researching still but faves so far are; Co-op (ethical, very cheap, trusted) and Cater Allen (Free, small and good customer service).

So, which banks do you use, and which would you recommend? (not necessarily the same!)

Cheers in advance

High Street Banks will take days or weeks to open. Alternatively get a cash card with a ready account number with no checks. It gives you online banking for transfers etc. You can open one tonight.

Small Business Banking, Business Bank Accounts & Prepaid Credit Cards

BTW some High Street Banks require your Nat Insurance Number, Passport and Fu£%in CV!
                  Last edited by Paddy; 18 January 2014, 21:24.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I've never had a problem with Santander, but I'm still on their free banking service which I don't think they offer any more.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X