• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family of five killed in shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family of five killed in shooting

Desperately sad events by a desperately deranged coward.

BBC News - Northampton women killed in Utah police officer family shooting

Northampton women killed in Utah police officer family shooting

18 January 2014 Last updated at 17:16 GMT
    Joshua Boren Jnr, Joshua Boren, Haley Boren and Kelly Born (l-r) The bodies of the family were found in their home in Spanish Fork, Utah
    Five members of the same family, including two women who came from Northampton, have been found shot dead in the US state of Utah.

Joshua Boren, 34, a police officer in Lindon City, is thought to have killed his wife Kelly and mother-in-law Marie King, who used to live in Northampton.

It is reported Mr Boren also killed his two young children at the family home before turning the gun on himself.

Lt Matt Johnson of Spanish Fork Police told Reuters no suicide note was found.

'Beautiful sister'
    Police in Lindon, Utah, asked their colleagues in the neighbouring town of Spanish Fork to check on Mr Boren, a patrol officer, late on Thursday as he had not arrived for his night shift, the Reuters news agency reported.

Officers who looked through a window into the front room of the unlocked two-story house, 50 miles (80 km) south of Salt Lake City, saw blood and spent ammunition.

Marie King
    Marie King had been killed in a bedroom, said police
    They discovered the bodies of Mr Boren, Kelly Boren, 32, seven-year-old Joshua, five-year-old Haley and Mrs Boren's mother Marie King.

Ms King, 55, had been a pupil at Northampton School for Girls and lived in the town before moving to America to live with her daughter and her family.

Ms King's sister Jeanette Malpass, from Northampton, posted on Facebook: "Cannot get my head around this and will never understand why someone has to take away lives like this.

"My beautiful sister Marie, her daughter Kelly and Kelly's children... may you all rest in peace."

People living in the town of Spanish Fork have described the community as one which "takes cares of each other".

Nathalie Smith, a friend of Kelly Boren, said she could not believe what had happened.

"I pretty much said 'No way', I was in so much shock and just bawling. I just couldn't believe she was gone.

"Maybe she finally brought up she was ready to move on and he just wasn't going to have it."

Boren family homeJoshua Boren is reported to have talked about problems in the marriage
    The Lindon City page on Facebook said it was "saddened to learn of the tragic events" at the Spanish Fork home of Officer Joshua Boren.

Ch Cody Cullimore, of Lindon City Police, said: "Officer Boren was selected... from a field of over 70 highly qualified applicants and had performed admirably as a patrol officer. His conduct, behaviour and professionalism were exemplary.

"We are shocked and saddened by the events as they appear to have occurred."

He added they were working closely with the force in Spanish Fork to "investigate and hopefully come to an understanding of this tragic occurrence."

A police spokesman said officers were not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Working...
X