• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apropo nothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apropo nothing

Was chatting Friday lunchtime with other contractors at my skive of a project.
    Rates were discussed. And not knowing what margins some were on.

I showed them how to find the supplier number of their agency in the Accounts Payable, then run a report to screen of the suppliers invoices, and vouchers the accounts department pays the invoices off with.
    You can take the sums and deduce the margins.

One small agency had just one guy placed, and the accounts department had titled the vouchers as [supplier]-[contractor name]. Right down to days worked in the "Quantity" field.

It was a small matter of arithmetic of taking of the VAT, and working the rest out.

PS: we were looking at the TEST area, which is a copy of last weeks LIVE, and as developers, we have to have full access to everything, so don't come back with accessing sensitive information, OK?

It was most fun. I have armed them with a negotiating tool for renewals, etc.

It is quite fun being on the other side. I am beginning to enjoy it.

Apropos

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Apropos

Comment

I did something similarly clever. I found the agency invoice in the photocopier.

Comment

I'm a Project Manager, it's typical that I see invoices for my time re-charged against my budgets, not uncommon for me to have to do the approval signoff for them.

Many agents have no conception of how the contractors they place may find out the Agency rates perfectly routinely.

Comment

Working...
          X