• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet Zone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet Zone

The clue is in the name.
    Shut the **** up, they havent stopped loudly talking shop since we left the station and Its annoying the heck out of this normally tolerant piggy.

I want a nice relaxing train journey on a Monday morning is that too much to ask.....

Rant over.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Shhh
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      The clue is in the name.
      Shut the **** up, they havent stopped loudly talking shop since we left the station and Its annoying the heck out of this normally tolerant piggy.

I want a nice relaxing train journey on a Monday morning is that too much to ask.....

Rant over.
      What gender were the miscreants?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The clue is in the name.

Rant over.
        Why don't you tell then to shut it.

Simples
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'M ON THE TRAIN

Annoying Cell Phone Guy on Train - YouTube
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I can never decide what exactly is required in quiet zone, it seems everyone has different ideas. Some people think it means treat it like a library, but it's not like the PA system is turned down or the conductor asks for your tickets in a whisper. Others think it basically means "no phones" but otherwise fine for having a chat.

Taking children in the quiet coach - what is the panel's view on this?

Also, do many operators operate quiet 1st-class coaches? I've often found 1st is noisier since you still get crying babies, screaming kids and people on the phone or playing games on their iPad without headphones.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              What gender were the miscreants?
              How is that important?
              But both Male if thats any help

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I can never decide what exactly is required in quiet zone, it seems everyone has different ideas. Some people think it means treat it like a library, but it's not like the PA system is turned down or the conductor asks for your tickets in a whisper. Others think it basically means "no phones" but otherwise fine for having a chat.

Taking children in the quiet coach - what is the panel's view on this?

Also, do many operators operate quiet 1st-class coaches? I've often found 1st is noisier since you still get crying babies, screaming kids and people on the phone or playing games on their iPad without headphones.
                Currently in first and its usually fine. I have no problems with folk talking, but these guys were very loud.
                I do have form form for telling people to get off the phone in the Quiet zone, and people are always ok about it.

Comment

Currently in first and its usually fine. I have no problems with folk talking, but these guys were very loud.
                  I do have form form for telling people to get off the phone in the Quiet zone, and people are always ok about it.
                  Opportunities arise here to pick up your phone and then loudly comment on what you're hearing

'HI DAVE, THE BT DEAL IS AT £2M, TELL MIKE TO DROP OUR BID TO £1.95M. I HEARD THESE TWO BlOKES ON THE TRAIN!'
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Why don't you tell then to shut it.

Simples
                    WHS. Stop being so British. Be Scottish, pick him up and put the heed in him.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X