• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lord Rennard - Should he apologise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord Rennard - Should he apologise?

Police found no case, and the Lib Dems own investigation couldn't prove anything, why on earth would he apologise?!
    Yes
    22.73%
    No
    45.45%
    AndyW's mum should apologise for not swallowing that night
    31.82%
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Apologise for being a liberal democrat?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

he was accused of wandering hands and it appears with reasonable cause, the investigation said it wasn't worth prosecuting him. He might get off as its part of his culture.

He himself has said he can't apologise for legal reasons. So I suspect he is guilty.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Difficult one. If he hasn't done anything, he shouldn't apologise. Having said that, he's probably guity as fck. Memories of plebgate.

He's a politician - he should make a non-apology apology.

"I am sorry if anyone has taken offence at anything I've said or done"

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          He's a politician - he should make a non-apology apology.

"I am sorry if anyone has taken offence at anything I've allegedly said or done"
          FTFY

Comment

4 witnesses with corroborating stories. Inquiry found no evidence of anything he could be prosecuted for but, that doesn't mean his actions didn't cause distress and anxiety to those involved.

Yes he should apologies for any distress caused.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No, he shouldn't apologise. But not because he's done nothing wrong, but because it won't be a genuine apology or expression of remorse.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                No, he shouldn't apologise. But not because he's done nothing wrong, but because it won't be a genuine apology or expression of remorse.
                +1. He can't see what harm he's done so apart from quietly shunting him sideways and out there is nothing anyone can really do about him....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There was a Rennard supporter on the Today programme earlier, from memory:

We are not talking Jimmy Saville here, this is a hand on a leg many years ago, through clothing.
                  So there ya go boys, as long as there's a skirt between your hand and the flesh of your colleague, feel free to grope away with impunity...

He doesn't get it, does he? Disciplinary offence, in most offices... he certainly should apologise, at the very least.
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Lacking physical evidence, 'proof' is probably impossible, so the enquiry looked at the balance of evidence, and concluded:

Let me be clear from the outset that the evidence suggests that Lord Rennard’s behaviour has caused distress to a number of women, so much so that they came forward several years after the events in question. [...]

It is my view that Lord Rennard ought to reflect upon the effect that his behaviour has had and the distress which it caused and that an apology would be appropriate, as would a commitment to change his behaviour in future
                    and the Lim Dem Chairman added

Lord Rennard is not a current employee of the party and therefore the threshold that must be met for disciplinary action is higher than if this was a company HR procedure. In Alistair Webster QC’s view that threshold was unlikely to be met.

While this process has not found to a criminal standard of proof that Lord Rennard acted with indecent intent, it is clear that he did not behave in the way that a Chief Executive should behave. Lord Rennard must reflect on his actions and apologise to the women involved.
                    He should but I don't think he will, believing that a bit of bottom pinching is or was, a perk of the job. Dinosaur, would certainly be disciplined and or demoted from most boardrooms....
                    Last edited by pjclarke; 20 January 2014, 11:36. Reason: Added Linky
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X