• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netherlands not being overrun by Romanians and Bulgarians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netherlands not being overrun by Romanians and Bulgarians

DutchNews.nl - How many Bulgarians, Romanians are new to the Netherlands? 224

How about the UK?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I read 30.

But the source of that estimate was the Romanian Ambassador so I wouldn't have too much faith in its accuracy!

Comment

Bit early to be sure but I said in other thread that I thought the number would be low as migrants will mostly go to places where there is already a significant population of their own.

However, it's quantity and quality that matter. Smallish numbers of useful people, fine, but even a few hundred beggars on the streets of London are too many. We should not have to take in any foreign nationals who are a problem or a burden not even one.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There is about 5000 crammed into a few streets not that far from me.

Comment

luckily half of the 30 Romanians have moved into Benefits Street so its a result, we can find all of them easily.

C4 Benefits Street shows Romanian family of FOURTEEN crammed into one house | Mail Online

sorry I did try the more 'profussionual' papers and the broadsheets but they specifically avoided mentioning the number.

Too early and the government aren't counting them, I suspect on purpose like the last lot, we will see in 3-6 months when the usual pressure groups drag the figures out via FOI requests.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I saw a big queue of Romanians and Bulgarians outside the Job Centre as I left for work on the 2nd January; couldn't wait to start getting those generous state handouts.

Looks like UKIP were right.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Funny how migrants are never quite as wonderful as we are told they will be when we take them in.

2 Years back we had a big taxi company taking on a lot of Romanians in my area, they were all so hard working, over qualified, unlike us lazy Brits etc etc. A few months back the local Tesco reported a big rise in Romanians arrested for shoplifting.

That was only obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request too.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 20 January 2014, 16:43.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Funny how migrants are never quite as wonderful as we are told they will be when we take them in.

2 Years back we had a big taxi company taking on a lot of Romanians in my area, they were all so hard working, over qualified, unlike us lazy Brits etc etc. A few months back the local Tesco reported a big rise in Romanians arrested for shoplifting.
                Burn the heretic!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I saw a big queue of Romanians and Bulgarians outside the Job Centre as I left for work on the 2nd January; couldn't wait to start getting those generous state handouts.

Looks like UKIP were right.
                  I'm impressed you can tell they are Romanian or Bulgarian while travelling, do you have high-order deduction skills? How do you tell which are Romanian and which are Bulgarian from a moving car?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We need a migrant ethnicity gauging app for smartphones. Could work like those bar code readers, just point the camera and wait for the answer.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X