• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody had the misfortune of dealing with ING Luxembourg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody had the misfortune of dealing with ING Luxembourg

A month ago I requested to open a personal bank account with ING Luxembourg. You need to be resident in Holland, Belgium, France or Spain and I am now in NL.

Sent my first deposit, photocopied all the papers they needed, sent them special delivery. Three weeks no news.

I phoned them and they said that couldn't open the account because of missing stamp on my proof of residence (long story).

A bit if arguing over the phone, then I gave up and asked to have my deposit returned. Sure done, you might think. But: no confirmation that money will be returned, no replies to my emails, when I call them they take my name and let me hang on the phone for ages until I give up.

Surely somebody at the customer dis-service must have flagged my name.

Also sent a letter, no replies.

I rule out going to Lux. in person, what would you do?
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Oh dear, ING. I used to bank with them. Switched everything to Rabobank after the umpteenth feck-up by ING. Didn't you get local advice before coming to NL? Norrahe and I are both here already.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Oh dear, ING. I used to bank with them. Switched everything to Rabobank after the umpteenth feck-up by ING. Didn't you get local advice before coming to NL? Norrahe and I are both here already.
      Why on earth ING???

I'm with Rabobank and also have accounts with ABN
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

How much was the deposit?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          How much was the deposit?
          Not much, but I volunteered to transfer more than needed to open the account, so that I didn't have to make a 2nd transfer later. And they have had the money for 4 weeks and not replying at all.

This is fraud.

I am talking of ing.lu not ing.nl. I also have an account with ING NL. The Luxembourg one should have been my second account.

Not sure how to go further. Obviously they don't seem to care.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
          X