• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A quick question about MF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick question about MF

If you'll indulge me. I joined this forum back in 2009 when several forum heavy hitters were about. Tay, son of Tay, Churchill was a bit of a bruiser in those days. Others besides.

As a newcomer to the board I took a fairly heavy beating on a regular basis, and any attempt to protest was met with taunts of "bedwetter". I clearly tougher this out, and still post here, but as a mere husk of a man that has had any ounce of morality literally beaten out of him by posting on here.

MarillionFan back in this day was the most grotesque, amoral, scumbag poster you could hope to engage. For example the two murderers who killed James Bulger were cheapened by him to be "Ant and Dec".

I remember MF to be the monster he was, and to be honest Old Gregs taunts (if he is not MFs sockie) pale into insignificance.

I realise starting this thread is risky, but I had to say it to keep alive the sheer horror that was MF. He was an abomination, and I'm sure folks can post links to former posts to support this.

Old Greg is tame in comparison.

Please could old timers comment?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    If you'll indulge me. I joined this forum back in 2009 when several forum heavy hitters were about. Tay, son of Tay, Churchill was a bit of a bruiser in those days. Others besides.

As a newcomer to the board I took a fairly heavy beating on a regular basis, and any attempt to protest was met with taunts of "bedwetter". I clearly tougher this out, and still post here, but as a mere husk of a man that has had any ounce of morality literally beaten out of him by posting on here.

MarillionFan back in this day was the most grotesque, amoral, scumbag poster you could hope to engage. For example the two murderers who killed James Bulger were cheapened by him to be "Ant and Dec".

I remember MF to be the monster he was, and to be honest Old Gregs taunts (if he is not MFs sockie) pale into insignificance.

I realise starting this thread is risky, but I had to say it to keep alive the sheer horror that was MF. He was an abomination, and I'm sure folks can post links to former posts to support this.

Get a towel. yer bums wet
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Wot's the question?

Comment

Prefer the sound of old MF. Sounds less mumsnet like.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I thought you'd toughened up and become a reasonable human being. At least, since I dropped the vendetta...

In the past, things were tolerated that we won't tolerate now. Slowly, we're trying to make General a bit of a less hostile place.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Back in 2009 I was a contractor & therefore considered members of this site competition. Best to keep that competition down.

Now I'm in charge, I consider the members of this site chattel to be bought and sold to the highest bidder & therefore beneath me & not worthy of my attention.

Poacher turned gamekeeper.

Hope that clears that up for you, you bedwetting loser.

PS : BTW Ant is the one on the left.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I thought you'd toughened up and become a reasonable human being. At least, since I dropped the vendetta...

In the past, things were tolerated that we won't tolerate now. Slowly, we're trying to make General a bit more like mumsnet.
              Ftfy

Comment

Anyhow. Son of Tay???

Cough.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

MF? Who?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

In the past, things were tolerated that we won't tolerate now. Slowly, we're trying to make General a bit of a less hostile place.
                    But why?

(Hint, start with changing the forum description)
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X