• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LBG in Halifax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBG in Halifax

Up for a role there again but given my past experiance with recruitment and LBG I'll not hold my breath! I'd love to know how these lot ever get to take anybody on.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Up for a role there again but given my past experiance with recruitment and LBG I'll not hold my breath! I'd love to know how these lot ever get to take anybody on.
    Doing what and where ?

I got phoned about a gig there between xmas and new year (or maybe just before xmas) and started yesterday. Don't see the problem.

Edit - Which agency ??
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Doing what and where ?

I got phoned about a gig there between xmas and new year (or maybe just before xmas) and started yesterday. Don't see the problem.

Edit - Which agency ??
      Excel access VBA with a bit of SQL and Busiess Objects. Agency is Real. The probelm I have had with them is that I live on the doorstep and have the skills but never get anywhere - the CV gets submitted to some HR portal and that's it - no feedback ever! I was asked to attend an interview for them for a role in London, 3 weeks into my current role. It took them almost 5 weeks to decide that they wanted to see me. I don't think I have ever been on the bench for 5 weeks! The agent said that this was pretty common with LBG.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Honestly never had a problem getting in there. I've been in and out more times than I can count over the years, when it was Halifax, then HBoS and now Lloyds. Do you know any hiring managers that you can go to direct ?

I do know there is currently a bit of a faff getting your CV seen as the agent can't submit directly to the hiring manager, but it seems to work for me

Good luck with it anyway.

Comment

I attended an interview with them about 7 months ago. My skills were over and above the guys interviewing me and yet they still didn't offer me the role..... Perhaps I scared them off with my interrogation techniques. Got 4 other better offers at the same time so it's not like it mattered anyway.

Comment

Honestly never had a problem getting in there. I've been in and out more times than I can count over the years, when it was Halifax, then HBoS and now Lloyds. Do you know any hiring managers that you can go to direct ?

I do know there is currently a bit of a faff getting your CV seen as the agent can't submit directly to the hiring manager, but it seems to work for me

Good luck with it anyway.
            No don't know who the hiring manager is and that's part of the probelm. I've had agencies say that its impossible to find out what's going on because they have no visibility once the CV has been submitted.

like I said, I won't hold my breath, but a jaunt from Rochdale to a bank in Halifax is far better that the jaunt from Rochdale to Banks in London, that I'd been doing for most of the past 4 years.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Had confirmation from the agency that this role died. She said it happens all the time. LBG put out a job spec, there is a flurry of activity where the various agents source CV's. These get put onto their portal and nothing.........until the job is pulled. I suspect that they are using this to baseline the rates Contractors are asking for.

They were looking for Excel & Access VBA with some Sharepoint and Business Objects - All of which I had done and backed up with the last 4 years working for banks. I also went in at the bottom of their rate range to ensure that I was as competative as possible. Still didn't get an interview. I think I'll just stop applying as its a waste of everbodies time.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

And here was me thinking Lloyds in Halifax took anyone.

Well, they do, they keep taking me !!

Comment

And here was me thinking Lloyds in Halifax took anyone.

Well, they do, they keep taking me !!
                  By the sounds of it Leeds is a much better place to work for LBG. Higher rates and actual roles!

Comment

With a few hundred contractors based in Halifax, using the same rate cards that the organisation use, regardless of geographical location, I would suggest that your assertion is tulipe

Comment

Working...
                    X