• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anelka charged by FA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anelka charged by FA

You have to wonder what was going through his mind when he did this especially as it has now cost his team their sponsor:

West Brom Striker Anelka Charged by Soccer Body Over Gesture - Bloomberg

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    You have to wonder what was going through his mind when he did this especially as it has now cost his team their sponsor:

Oh there's a long tradition of anti-Semitism across Europe. Particularly in France and Eastern Europe. Anelka fits right in. Europeans eh?

Comment

Who cares? Its as important as cuk rep.

And why is a sports thread not in LR?

Comment

Is it anti semitic?

Some people say it is and some don't. I don't know, I don't know much about it.

Comment

I suspect there wasn't very much going on in his mind, if he has one.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

Seriously?!

Unless you can prove without a doubt that what he intended is anti-Semitic then the only thing that is appropriate is to ask him not to do it again. Anything else is uncalled for and simply ridiculous. A lot of the time people equate anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism which doesn't help anybody except for the Zionists. France is the most pro-Israeli nation out there at the moment and somebody directing their anger towards France for their support of Zionism is hardly a punishable offence. If Anelka had blatantly said or done something which was anti-Semitic then that is an al together different matter. He has more of a mind than a lot of those who are causing a fuss over nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
              Oh there's a long tradition of anti-Semitism across Europe. Particularly in France and Eastern Europe. Anelka fits right in. Europeans eh?

So what is it about Jews that people don't like then?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I've often wondered this. I suspect we won't get much enlightenment here though.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Best ask the Germans that - they are the ones who committed the worst atrocities against them not some premier league footballer with a hand gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I've often wondered this. I suspect we won't get much enlightenment here though.
                    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Best ask the Germans that - they are the ones who committed the worst atrocities against them not some premier league footballer with a hand gesture.
                    Personally there are only two things I can't stand. One, people who are intolerant of other cultures, two, the French.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X