• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blackberry Q10

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry Q10

Anybody got one of these?

I am currently on the best Blackberry Bold for my main phone (have an iPhone as my "gadget phone"). I am reluctant to make the switch to the Q10 because of no tracker pad being available, the problem is I see no other competition for a phone with a physical qwerty keyboard which is an absolute must for my main phone.

Any experiences appreciated.

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Anybody got one of these?

I am currently on the best Blackberry Bold for my main phone (have an iPhone as my "gadget phone"). I am reluctant to make the switch to the Q10 because of no tracker pad being available, the problem is I see no other competition for a phone with a physical qwerty keyboard which is an absolute must for my main phone.

Any experiences appreciated.
    I got mine few months ago and sold it . It needs getting used to - and i couldnt be bothered learning how to use a phone (got other stuffs to worry about) /

If you have used the new Blackbery 10 software in the past then yea you would survive if not - it wil take some real good time getting used to it.

I am loving my iphone and will still stick to it for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      the best Blackberry
      Contradiction in terms?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Is that company still afloat?

The last CEO is a nutter, trying to sell black & white as the new new. Fail.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Is that company still afloat?
          Depends how you define afloat. They've been losing billions for years, it's just that they just started off with quite a lot of billions and haven't run out yet.

Why would someone want one of those tiny physical QWERTY keyboards? There's a reason nobody else uses them.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Why would someone want one of those tiny physical QWERTY keyboards? There's a reason nobody else uses them.
            Nostalgia has it's followers. Besides I'm certain there's one or two folks out there who despise touch screens.

All said and done BB should have focused on their core clients and never attempted to compete with Apple & Samsung. I'm no CEO but even I saw that one coming. I cringed when I saw the BB CEO trying to by hipster.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Trying to gouge corporate clients didn't help either, just at the time byod was taking off
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Nostalgia has it's followers. Besides I'm certain there's one or two folks out there who despise touch screens.

All said and done BB should have focused on their core clients and never attempted to compete with Apple & Samsung. I'm no CEO but even I saw that one coming. I cringed when I saw the BB CEO trying to by hipster.
                True say - with BB it's all about the keyboard. They were better off downsizing and focussing on the BB loyal consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Touchscreens are not the be all and end all.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X