• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shared Ownership? Is it possible as a Contractor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared Ownership? Is it possible as a Contractor?

I am currently trying to buy a place in London, which seems to be what everyone else is trying to do which means there is little to no properties available, and any that are available quickly turn into bidding wars. I saw one place advertised at £240k, (under the £250k 3% stamp duty) attracting offers of 260k! It's getting silly round here and people don't even offer at the asking price any more, they offer well over it.

I have become aware of some new build apartments that are going to be available in October that are just about perfect in every way, and they have not yet marketed them yet so are pretty much all still available... only problem is that they are only available as Shared Ownership. When I spoke to the sales people they got all confused on my employment status and when I explained how I got the Agreement in Principle they said I was way over the maximum salary to qualify for these...

Anyone ever get a Shared Ownership place as a Contractor... or know anyone who has? I know it's not perfect but at least I will only need to offer the asking price, and can reserve without entering into a bidding war.

Originally posted by sartois View Post
    I saw one place advertised at £240k, (under the £250k 3% stamp duty) attracting offers of 260k! It's getting silly round here and people don't even offer at the asking price any more, they offer well over it.
    That's normal.

I recall in 2007 in Edinburgh viewing an apartment with near 30 other individuals. Offers over 240k, sold for 325k.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      That's normal.

I recall in 2007 in Edinburgh viewing an apartment with near 30 other individuals. Offers over 240k, sold for 325k.
      That's always been the case in Scotland. It's a different system (offers over) there.

Comment

Working...
      X