• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business banking: Santander or HSBC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business banking: Santander or HSBC?

Choosing a business bank account.
    I have a current account with HSBC and Santander and to be honest Santander is way better.
    1) Better online banking(well-designed interface, easy view of range transactions - whilst in hsbc you always go by statements to find a transaction)
    2) instant texts notifications if any transaction happens (hsbc sends only the next morning).
    I would say in general looks like HSBC has developed it's techie side a while ago ..

and yes ...

3) I hate HSBC security device. I used to check my bank account frequently, not any more, thanks to this stupid thing.

Now I have to choose a business bank account and quite tempted to opt for Santander , but lots of people are recommending HSBC here.
    I'll get 18 month free with both, Santander will charge slightly more afterwards, but it's not a problem to pay extra £2 if I get a better experience on daily basis.

Can you compare the two?

People recommend HSBC for a reason. Count how many have reported HSBC screwing up compared to Santander, for example.

As for the "stupid" PIN device, that's an industry standard for properly secure remote access and about the only one that's proof from a anything but a fairly serious password hack. Nuff said?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I have personal and business accounts with both and find them to be much of a muchness really. The online business banking is very similar to the personal online banking in both cases so I'd say pick whichever you prefer.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Goggy View Post
        Can you compare the two?
        They are both pretty much of a muchness - I've used both and moved from HSBC to Santander when the free banking ran out.

Not had a problem with either, to be honest, but since Santander is free that's why I'm sticking with them for the time being.
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I have personal and business accounts with both and find them to be much of a muchness really. The online business banking is very similar to the personal online banking in both cases so I'd say pick whichever you prefer.
          I use HSBC's online services for personal and business accounts. They're pretty similar but IME navigating around the business online banking service is clunkier than with the personal one. YMMV.

No issues at all with the security device - I find the business device is easier to use than the personal.

Comment

I have used Santander now for 10 years. I find banking with them just fine. The website is a bit clunky but functional. Best of all, there's no monthly fee involved. Whether they still have a free business account available, I don't know.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              I have used Santander now for 10 years. I find banking with them just fine. The website is a bit clunky but functional. Best of all, there's no monthly fee involved. Whether they still have a free business account available, I don't know.
              It's not free any more - they used to offer a free account, and guaranteed that if you were with that account they would never charge fees. They tried to charge fees at one point but were threatened with a judicial review, so gave up on that idea for existing account holders.
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
              X