• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wish to make a complaint (HP OJ Pro 8600 +)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish to make a complaint (HP OJ Pro 8600 +)

Sodding printer has just stopped working/powered down right in the middle of printing WTF!

HP OJ Pro 8600 Plus all-in-one jobby, no problems until now, tried diff sockets, bought a new figure of 8 connector, nothing.

It has ceased to be, it's gone to meet it's maker.

Warranty ended last september, arse!

Anyone else had this issue? All HP cust service do is direct you to videos that are US based!

Any good online printer repair that the oracle (you lot) can recommend?

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Checked the fuse in the plug?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Checked the fuse in the plug?
      Yep, tried that first, no luck.

Cos printer is out of warranty I will be charged to talk to HP Tech support, don't trust them to say same thing as their youtube videos.

It will have to be local printer repair.

qh

Comment

Are you using it wireless or USB connected ?
        If the former, try using with a USB connector
        (Apols if you have already tried this)
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Would suggest replacing the power supply, but I believe on the 8600 it is integrated inside the printer ( great till it fails!)
          It may be the psi, which will require a trip to nearest printer repair shop
          If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
            Would suggest replacing the power supply, but I believe on the 8600 it is integrated inside the printer ( great till it fails!)
            It may be the psi, which will require a trip to nearest printer repair shop
            I have hunch this is the culprit since it just stopped working and hasn't come back on since.

qh

Comment

Gave printer to local firm and they said it is the power supply (internal) that has gone but they wouldn't be able to fix it.

Really fooked off that something only 17 months old would just stop working. Would I have any comeback on this against HP? i.e. sales of goods act?

Or go back to company I bought it from?

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                Gave printer to local firm and they said it is the power supply (internal) that has gone but they wouldn't be able to fix it.

Really fooked off that something only 17 months old would just stop working. Would I have any comeback on this against HP? i.e. sales of goods act?

Or go back to company I bought it from?

qh
                Depends who you you purchased it it from, but suspect that in general terms they will refer you to the manufacturer.

Was there a warrant/guarantee when you purchased it ?

If you still have proof of purchase I would send a letter of complaint and see if you can get anything out of them.

I have sent you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
                  Depends who you you purchased it it from, but suspect that in general terms they will refer you to the manufacturer.
                  Yep, they did that, standard tactic. According to Martin Lewis of MSE, legally they can't do this, my contract is with retailer of said printer.

Will send a letter to them, nice and friendly see what they can offer me/my company. Not expecting much, though.

qh

Comment

I've got an 8600+ that suffers from phantom paper jams, missing ink cartridges and wanting to print alignment pages .

From searching around it also seems to have a reputation for dying shortly after the HP warranty runs out from cracked/damaged cogs which funnily enough HP don't do replacements for.

Won't buy another one.

Comment

Working...
                    X