• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places to stay in/near Gittisham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to stay in/near Gittisham

Got to go to a weeding there in a few weeks.

It's not a massive drive from where I am but I want to drink. Don't think I can do this one without alcohol!

Some nice pubs around there but none seems to do accommodation.

How about Honiton? Anyone know anywhere nice there? At least I'll be able to buy myself a nice lace doily for me coffee table!

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post

It's not a massive drive from where I am but I want to drink. Don't think I can do this one without alcohol!

How about Honiton? Anyone know anywhere nice there? At least I'll be able to buy myself a nice lace doily for me coffee table!
    TripAdvisor is -->
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Never weed when drunk. You'll pull up all the flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Never weed when drunk. You'll pull up all the flowers.
        Ha Ha! I like it, I like it!

OP: Try here: Monkton Court - Home

It's slap bang on the 30 just outside Honiton. Haven't stayed there myself but have eaten there and the rooms look amazing.

Also, when you're heading off the next day with a thick head, have your breakfast at Route 303 (if you're headed that way, that is).

Comment

Sorry for the slight aside here GG, but while I remember, have you ever stayed at the old Jamaica Inn? I was thinking about giving it a go.

Comment

Sorry for the slight aside here GG, but while I remember, have you ever stayed at the old Jamaica Inn? I was thinking about giving it a go.
            At Bolventor? Never stayed but was in there just the other day oddly enough. I often pop into the wonderful food hall they have at Kingsley Village just on the 30 at Indian Queens. They have the most amazing hot food counter there - their BBQ pulled pork & mayo sandwiches are to die for (and probably by the time you've had the giant onion rings & crackling that come as an accompaniment you're probably not far off a coronary!).

Sadly I've just learned that it's going to close ,despite it doing a brisk trade (Kingsley Village, that is). Operational costs and all that jazz. It's to become a Costa Coffee - seems that it's only these multinational giants who can survive these days.

But I digress - Well worth staying during the off season IMO; would feel all the more authentic too with the fog descending while you're cosied up with a pint in front of one of their roaring log fires. I believe one of the rooms is haunted too...
            Last edited by Gittins Gal; 22 January 2014, 21:58.

Comment

Is it your ex-wife?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                At Bolventor? Never stayed but was in there just the other day oddly enough. I often pop into the wonderful food hall they have at Kingsley Village just on the 30 at Indian Queens. They have the most amazing hot food counter there - their BBQ pulled pork & mayo sandwiches are to die for (and probably by the time you've had the giant onion rings & crackling that come as an accompaniment you're probably not far off a coronary!).

Sadly I've just learned that it's going to close ,despite it doing a brisk trade (Kingsley Village, that is). Operational costs and all that jazz. It's to become a Costa Coffee - seems that it's only these multinational giants who can survive these days.

But I digress - Well worth staying during the off season IMO; would feel all the more authentic too with the fog descending while you're cosied up with a pint in front of one of their roaring log fires. I believe one of the rooms is haunted too...
                Mmmm, I'm warming to the idea. I've heard about the spectral happenings, I'm sure I'll get the willies!

Comment

Mmmm, I'm warming to the idea. I've heard about the spectral happenings, I'm sure I'll get the willies!
                  Of course, you do realise DS that the Jamaica Inn is the scene of one of Derek Acorah's infamous possessions on Most Haunted ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                    You really need to move up north and visit Booths at some point. The food in Kingsley Village is ok but not much better than that.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X