• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 3?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 3?

Inspired by MF ( http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1566493 ) I have now entered the Triple Enduroman IUTA World Cup. Home - Enduroman Events. So a 7.15 mile swim, followed by 336 mile cycle and 78 mile run/walk/crawl.

To do this I need suitable crew who can cope with my progession of race moods :-

Depression
    Break Down
    Bedwetting like Suity
    cuk-banning
    whining about banning
    cuk-uber-banning
    Suicide
    Whining like MF

Someone who is so musclely they burst out of their wetsuit like the incredible hulk. Ability to fix punctures a must. Alas looks like Dallas is going to unavailable so I will have to stick with the brother-out-law.

This is towards my ultimate goal of trying to do a continous deca next year(Enduroman are supposed to be doing one) or the brutal deca (swim English Channel, cycle Lands end to John O'Groats, walk across Wales.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Inspired by MF ( http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1566493 ) I have now entered the Triple Enduroman IUTA World Cup. Home - Enduroman Events. So a 7.15 mile swim, followed by 336 mile cycle and 78 mile run/walk/crawl.

To do this I need suitable crew who can cope with my progession of race moods :-

Depression
    Break Down
    Bedwetting like Suity
    cuk-banning
    whining about banning
    cuk-uber-banning
    Suicide
    Whining like MF

Someone who is so musclely they burst out of their wetsuit like the incredible hulk. Ability to fix punctures a must. Alas looks like Dallas is going to unavailable so I will have to stick with the brother-out-law.

This is towards my ultimate goal of trying to do a continous deca next year(Enduroman are supposed to be doing one) or the brutal deca (swim English Channel, cycle Lands end to John O'Groats, walk across Wales.
    That sounds like it isn't even humanly possible.

This:

All athletes will be required to sign a disclaimer at race registration. Athletes participating in the Enduroman Triple sanctioned by IUTA DO need to obtain a medical certificate from their doctors. Triple Enduroman athletes may be requested to provide a blood sample for medical examination immediately after race registration. or racing.
    seems to imply it may not be good for your health

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
      That sounds like it isn't even humanly possible.

This: seems to imply it may not be good for your health
      Nah, its for doping.

Endurance racing is quite a small community of wellard nutters, makes Ironman look increasingly chavvy.

Comment

And that ladies and gentlemen is more than enough proof to have him sectioned a dozen times over.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          And that ladies and gentlemen is more than enough proof to have him sectioned a dozen times over.
          Inspired by MF? Yep - very mad.

You are just jealous as you eat like an iron man - but with zero exercise.

Comment

Inspired by MF? Yep - very mad.

You are just jealous as you eat like an iron man - but with zero exercise.
            Seriously. Could I do an ironman??? No.

Could I run a double marathon? No.
            Could I cycle 300+ miles in a day? No.
            Could I swim 7.8 miles? No.
            Could I bang your missus all day when you're out trying to kill yourself? Damn right I could.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You need suity

You know it makes sense.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

7 weeks to go

Comment

Oh dear

Cycling event targeted by saboteurs laying nails in road - Telegraph

That was at Bransgrove - about a mile from where my event is taking place. Most years the locals stick to stealing the signs for our event?

And I can't fix a puncture! Will I have to carry someone from halfords on my back? I took halfords in their Easter eggs today so maybe them will be accommodating.

Comment

The NIMBYs have done this at a few events now and the TDF:

Cycling guide: How to mend a puncture | News | The Guardian

You can get the slime stuff to prevent and co2 stuff to make it easier....

Comment

Working...
                    X