• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marital status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marital status

Had a CV of an Italian today. Under marital status he wrote "free". I am not sure what to make of it.

Any suggestions?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Had a CV of an Italian today. Under marital status he wrote "free". I am not sure what to make of it.

Any suggestions?
    He won't charge you for shagging your wife.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I so want it to be a cheeky way of saying divorced.

On a more serious note - who the hell puts marital status on their CV, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Italian men by the look of things
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

+1, I often jokingly refer (verbally) to my marital status as free, being a divorcee, but don't put in on a cv or on any agency or other forms that ask for it
          If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

My best guess is it's a bad translation of "single"... "free" as in "available". Maybe he's interested in you DA?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Any suggestions?
              It’s a European thing, it shows a level of maturity that perhaps a single 20something wouldn’t. (read: will be at home with Wife rather than out drinking & trying to pull every night)

In Switzerland it’s quite normal to include a photo, similar reasons.

Not something I’d do in the UK, but when I think of the number of telephone interviews I’ve passed & then been for a face to face just to prove I own a suit and don’t have two heads it could be a good idea.

Comment

Any suggestions?
                This lack of reasoning capability is what keeps you at the bottom of the employment chain, somewhere between carter and sh!t sweeper.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  This lack of reasoning capability is what keeps you at the bottom of the employment chain, somewhere between carter and sh!t sweeper.
                  I have now only got a couple of notches to descend to your CV

Comment

I have now only got a couple of notches to descend to your CV
                    Real freelancers don't use CV's, they have portfolios & case studies. You're really not cut out for the big time are you?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X