• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Lefty Lexicon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lefty Lexicon

Nicked off someones blog, but it's brilliant nonetheless.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/pl...wilson_a_.html

As a footnote, some Muslims complained about the definition of "Islamaphobic" (anyone who objects to having their transport blown up on the way to work) and his employer, Orange, promptly suspended him. It's only fair...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

He should be able to sue them successfully and I hope he does do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
      South Africa - a national showcase for Lefty policies with a one-party state, some of the worst crime levels in the world, tragic AIDS mortality and declining economy.
      Went down well with my "Saffer" colleagues (who now wish they'd moved to Australia rather than Britain )
      Not that you'd see it reported that way in the media.

Comment

I could even vote for a guy like that!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          Nicked off someones blog, but it's brilliant nonetheless.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/pl...wilson_a_.html

As a footnote, some Muslims complained about the definition of "Islamaphobic" (anyone who objects to having their transport blown up on the way to work) and his employer, Orange, promptly suspended him. It's only fair...

Top find Mordac! Particularly like:

Diversity - creating a workforce based on how people look rather than on their skills or aptitude

Multi-cultural - All culture is valid - unless Western in some way. Usually to be 'celebrated' and always found to be 'vibrant'. See 'diversity'.

Workers - notional ‘class’ of people that Lefties once claimed to represent. Now replaced by college lecturers, human rights lawyers, pressure group employees, civil servants with 'liaise' in their job title - and other people you would probably not want over for supper.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

they will succeed

unfortunately for him his employers name was at the top of the article, so his views are associated with their name.

Quite insightful some of the entries.

made me laugh out loud!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No fecking way - outrageous!!!

Originally posted by vetran
              unfortunately for him his employers name was at the top of the article, so his views are associated with their name.

Quite insightful some of the entries.

made me laugh out loud!
              http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/pol...cle1220071.ece

A website set up as a platform for Conservative Party supporters to debate Tory issues has found itself at the centre of a freedom of speech controversy.

A contributor has been suspended from his job as community affairs manager with the mobile phone company Orange after comments he made on the ConservativeHome website.

Inigo Wilson posted a "Lefty Lexicon" in which he defined "Islamophobic" as: "Anyone who objects to having their transport blown up on the way to work."

Comment

"Religion - Christianity: irrational, dangerous belief that material things may not be the principal motive behind human behaviour. Judaism: most Israelis are Jewish, so probably "intolerant". Islam: always needs to be "understood".

Quiet clearly they were not picking up on Islam only, if Orange fires the guy then he will certainly sue and win - it is absolutely illegal to fire someone on the basis of their comment outside of work time on unrelated site and unrelated theme so long as words said are legal: its none of the Orange's business.

Having said that they just suspended him (on full pay I presume), will see how it turns out.

Comment

Here's where the action started:

Muslim Public Affairs Committee

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.p...7&page=1&pp=20

Notice the Christian Public Affairs Committe didn't complain about the Christian references.

It's a shame when someone cannot write an article that was clearly tongue-in-cheek and a bunch of oversensitive, blinkered, nothing better to do apart from vent their twisted, bitter views on every aspect of a culture they despise gets the guy the sack, which will happen because he'll never recover from this.

It's a sad, sad time for our country. It's ruined. Fucking ruined....

Comment

Relax hyper, nothing is ruined - such cases are very good and will help ensure that religion is kept where it should belong.

Comment

Working...
                    X