• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B-b-b-booom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B-b-b-booom

I never normally would post a boom thread, but in this case I will, simply because I can't believe I found something close to home instead of the slog into London.

Interviewed Thursday - apparently they say two other guys Wednesday and would happily take either, but my agent persuaded them to see me. I blew them away, of course, had a message on my mobile when I got home 20 minutes after the interview with an offer, started Monday.
    8 - 12 miles from home (depending on which route I take), very decent rate (and about 25% above what other agents were advertising it at), 3 months initially at a charity on a nice semi-rural site.

They are used to contractors, more so than any corporate I've been at, giving me an actual "Contractor" badge, letting me use my own laptop, not clock watching when I come and go, and the work appears to be very straightforward from what I've seen over the past couple of days.

A good start to the year.

A for your boomness.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
      3 months initially at a charity on a nice semi-rural site.
      Not in a village not far from Salisbury by any chance?

Comment

Always start a boom thread.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

AWESOME news!
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Good luck, it's great when you can hit a home run like that
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

well done!

This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Working...
                    X