• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent pops up with last minute hitch!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent pops up with last minute hitch!

I have a 2nd face 2 face interview tomorrow for a role with Cap Gemini.

Agent has just emailed me to confirm I am happy to take the role on a fixed term permie basis

FFS!

I made it very clear I would only engage via ltdco and in the first interview the interviewer confirmed that would be fine.

Agent is saying he will cancel interview if I won't take fixed term permie!

Really wanted the role too. Have InMailed first interviewer on LinkedIn to try and get clarity.

Will probably tell him I'll consider it...do the interview....and if they offer then stick to my guns,,,nothing to loose I guess.

Cap Capgemni take contractors direct right?

Does anyone have any insight or experience as to why Cap Gemini would prefer that engagement?

Surely a temp 'permy at £100k would cost them more than a contractor on a market day rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
      I have a 2nd face 2 face interview tomorrow for a role with Cap Gemini.

Agent has just emailed me to confirm I am happy to take the role on a fixed term permie basis

FFS!

I made it very clear I would only engage via ltdco and in the first interview the interviewer confirmed that would be fine.

Agent is saying he will cancel interview if I won't take fixed term permie!

Really wanted the role too. Have InMailed first interviewer on LinkedIn to try and get clarity.

Will probably tell him I'll consider it...do the interview....and if they offer then stick to my guns,,,nothing to loose I guess.

Cap Capgemni take contractors direct right?
      Yep they do and loads of them to boot, yeah do the interview and then turn it down if the agent won't budge.

Comment

Does anyone have any insight or experience as to why Cap Gemini would prefer that engagement?

Surely a temp 'permy at £100k would cost them more than a contractor on a market day rate?
        I don't know if Cap Gemini would prefer it but I am sure the Agent would. There apparently is a lot more money in permies than contractors for Agents commissions. An agent told me this though so whether it's true or not...

Comment

lose

I'd do that - "I'll consider a fixed-term role, yes." Get the role and then say that you've considered it and decline. Get the interviewers contact details at the interview.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Did the agency say whether it's FTC with the client or with them? A few agencies have "employed consultant" deals with clients where they charge the client contractor level fees then pay the contractor just over permie FTC salaries, pocketing the rest for themselves.

Comment

A permie on £50k would probably cost them more than a contractor, tbh.

Comment

If they are happy to take you on through YourCo but are really looking for a permie, then they may well expect to treat you like a permie too, so there's the IR35 angle to consider (unless you don't mind operating inside).

Comment

Originally posted by riffpie View Post
                  A permie on £50k would probably cost them more than a contractor, tbh.
                  Yep indeed - add the benefits, holiday, sick, pension, bonus, redundancy, training, Employers NI etc etc. and you are looking at about double that as a cost to the Employer. 100k / (48 * 5) = £416.67/day.

Comment

You would consider it - for the right price. So it's easy to tell the agent you would consider it.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X