• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price prediction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House price prediction

Using your skill and judgement, what will house prices do over the next 12 months?
    Much higher than today (Boom!)
    7.14%
    A little higher than today
    26.19%
    About the same in real terms
    11.90%
    A little lower than today (soft landing)
    4.76%
    A LOT lower than today (Doom!)
    7.14%
    I don't really know. I wish I did though
    4.76%
    Can we have more post with tits in please?
    38.10%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Using your skill and judgement, what will house prices do over the next 12 months?
    Shoot up at 10-15% of course.

Boomed, I tell you ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Change

Comment

My house will appreciate by around 20%. The house I'd like to buy will depreciate by at least 25%. With a bit of luck.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

I have got to go for the last one.

The last thing I need is tangible assets in the UK that Brown can have off me or use against me when I say that I am non-resident and hence not liable for UK tax.
          Blair, you cannot reach me now,
          No matter how you try,
          Goodbye cruel Labour,
          Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Depending on location, maybe 5% in the south east over next 12 months, as long as rates don't increase too much. Maybe 30-35% over the next 5 years.

Permie wages are barely keeping up with inflation so that will cap affordability and stop rocketing prices. Nice steady growth is what we (as a nation) want.
            Last edited by GreenerGrass; 17 August 2006, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
              Permie wages are barely keeping up with inflation so that will cap affordability and stop rocketing prices. Nice steady growth is what we (as a nation) want.
              Agree Permie wages are stagnating (or even dropping if your competing with incoming Poles/FTV's etc etc) so in theory prices should reflect that but in London the £19 Billion paid out in City bonuses has largely fed into the property market inflating prices. This has a rippling effect across the country.

As long as the City is doing well and the "gods" get their mega-bucks bonuses (average is 25K but of course most peeps dont get it) i can only see prices going up. Next year's bonus's look like being a bumper one. Of course if the City were to catch a cold then

Comment

Working...
              X